Snapshot not loading for regular Site Admins

I installed this as the Super Network admin and I can see it appears on the subsite but don't have any options to use it as a regular Site Admin of that subsite. Is this on purpose? How do I enable it? Currently it just says (Snapshot Network Active)

• Luís

Hi Anthony ,

Hope you're doing well today!

In a Multisite environment, Snapshot works in a "network level", so it will only be accessible in the network admin panel. Only the super admin is able to create/schedule and restore backups.

You can create a full network backup using the new Managed Backups option (Snapshot -> Managed Backups) that saves the backup on our cloud.

Also you can create/schedule and restore backups for each individual subsite, using the "normal" backup option (Snapshot -> Add new).

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Luís

Hi Anthony ,

Firstly, sorry for the late reply and all the problems it may have caused.

The new "Managed Backups" option (Snapshot -> Managed Backups), does a full backup of the entire network and will restore the entire network too. So, at the moment, using this option, is not possible to restore just a subsite.

To backup/restore an individual subsite, you need to use the "old" backup option (Snapshot -> Add new).

If your goal is restore the entire network and you already made a backup using the "Managed Backups" option, you can go to this section of Snapshot, hover the mouse over the backup you want to restore and click in the "restore" button.

If your site was "destroyed" and you don't have access to your admin panel, you can restore from the HUB.

Go to the My Websites section of your HUB, and in the desired site, click on the "Backups" tab.

In this tab will be listed all the backups made, on the desired one, click on the restore button:

Then, it will display a pop up with the steps to the restoration process.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Anthony

I'm trying to copy over an external site that I took a snapshot of, and bring into my multisite sub site. How can this be achieved? It's already backed up but on another completely different site. The site has been backed up locally to that site and to the hub. I see it in the hub. I just can't access the hub and pull it down to another site. Does this make sense? I don't want to restore an entire network of site. Just 1 site, is there anyway to do this?

Ultimately what I'd like to do is, clone external sites that I make, and pull it into a sub site of a multi site network through Snapshot.

• Luís

Hi Anthony ,

As I mentioned in my previous reply, this is not possible with the Managed Backups option.

I will suggest to:

1) Go to the "source" mutisite and make a backup (Snapshot -> Add New), select the subsite you want and save it on your local server (as an example);

You can save it on other destination or directy on the new server using the "FTP" (Snapshot -> Destinations). However I will use the local server as an example.

2) After finish the backup, using FTP access, go to your snapshot folder (by default is located at "wp-content/uploads/snapshots" ) and download the backup file you made;

3) In the "destination" multisite, using FTP access, upload the file to the snapshot folder;

4) Go to Snapshot -> Import and click in the "Scan/Import Snapshots" button to import the snapshot;

5) This backup file should be displayed now in the snapshots list (Snapshot -> All Snapshots);

6) Hovering the mouse over the snapshot, click in the restore link;

7) Then, in the restore panel, select the subsite you want to restore:

However, I need to mention the migration logic is considered still in beta. So, some things may not work as expected. In order to stay in the safe side, I will suggest you to make a backup of the entire network before this procedure.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.