snapshot - not producing the snapshot_manifest.txt

Hi Guys

I'm trying to migrate over my site from buildhq to bhqdesign.com.au and im using snapshot.

I've got the snap shot being uploaded to drop box, i then move it to a public folder, then imput the file and it comes up with the doesn't have the manifest file, i then looked into the zip file and its not there, i've done a few snapshots and still no luck can you help please

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Robert Strickland,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

It seems that either snapshot wasn't created successfully or something is wrong with download/upload procedures.
    Your snapshots should also be available in buildhq site under /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/ folder, is that right?
    Can you download it via FTP, uncompress it and check if there's a manifest file inside?

If so, upload it to target site bhqdesign via FTP in /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/ folder and scan for snapshots once more.

Also please check via FTP that file permissions for snapshot.zip files are 644 (owner: read+write, group: read, others: read) or 755 (owner: read+write+execute, group:read+execute, others: read+execute).

If this still troubles you, please grant us support access to both of your websites to further check your WP admin settings. You can do so via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin as described here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Robert,

hope you're doing good and please excuse our late reply here!

I should also have mentioned (and I'm really sorry I didn't) that granting us support access or leaving text messages in the notes section under WPMUDEV -> Support page, doesn't trigger any kind of notification to us so you have to inform us here in forums.

Back to your issue now, I'm currently downloading your snapshot file to try to import it to a test environment. I'll keep you posted here about my results as soon as possible. :slight_smile:

Take care,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello Robert

Well, that was a bit optimistic I guess... the download timed-out and never got the whole snapshot file. :unamused: Could you please send us some server details to further test this?
    As this is public forum though, you should send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"
    SOURCE SERVER/SITE
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    TARGET SERVER/SITE
    - WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    OTHER
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.