Snapshot not putting installed backup into list

Hi I've tried on 2 different servers to install the backup of one of my blogs in a multisite which uses upfront. I want to move it on its own to another server so that i can at least demo it to the client.

I have granted access to http://www.sabores.comunify.co.events. I uploaded the backup file to sabores.comunify.co.events/backups folder and was able to do the import, but it doesn't appear on thelist of backups to restore from.

Can you help me do this or show how as i've used up whole morning just trying to get a working demo for a client.

Thanks
Daniel

• Rupok

Hi Daniel,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. Thanks for granting Support Access and providing the backup location link. I went to your backup location and found that the backup file which is there, is not a regular snapshot. Rather, it was created through the Snapshot Managed Backup option and was downloaded from the Hub (https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/my-websites/).

I am saying this because the backup file name starts with "full_backup....".

But I am confused at this point because you said: "install the backup of one of my blogs in a multisite which use upfront". If you created a backup of a specific blog, then the backup filename should start with "snapshot-". But the backup file found on your "backups" directory is starting with "full_backup...".

Now, as you have the "full_backup..." file, to restore it, you will also need the "snapshot-installer.php" file from the hub by clicking on your source site name and going to the "BACKUPS" tab. Let me give you a screenshot of the hub page:

After clicking the button I marked in the screenshot above, you will see this popup:

From this popup, you should download both files. When you click on the "snapshot-installer.php" file in that popup, a zip file will be downloaded. Unzip that file on your computer. And then place your full backup zip file and the extracted php file on your new server root directory (you don't need to install WordPress there). Then go to your new site URL: http://newsite.com/snapshot-installer.php
    It will give you options to restore your site there.

But if you want to import the single site backup you created from your multisite, you will need to go to your previous multisite server and download the backup zip file by clicking on the name of that zip file. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

After download that backup file (name should be starting with "snapshot...":wink:, upload this file to your new sites "/backups/" directory. And then you can import it normally.

Please let us know if this doesn't work or if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Daniel

Thanks for going through that in detail Rupok. Ok yes i see that I had originally done a backup instead of a Snapshot because the Snapshot button didn't respond at the time, so thought backup was only option.

So i've managed to upload the snapshot of only my sabores site. So the issue left is that once I click Restore, it just goes shows a screen with the file details but no further restore button which is what's needed to finalise the restore.

Here's a screenshot of what i have. You have grant access too.
    https://www.screencast.com/t/d5CD6rVLBN

Thanks for helping sort this last bit, hoping to send site out tomorrow.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Daniel,

I tried to check snapshot you created but I'm getting erro "Error: Manifest data not found in archive." when I try to import it. Were there any errors when you imported that snapshot or while you created it?
    Would you mind allowing support access to site were you created that snapshot - so we could test it?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hi Daniel,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website, could you please create a new Snapshot in your comunify.cc website, and this time make sure to enable debug mode, so that we could have a better idea whether there is any error being generated when a Snapshot is being created.

To enable debug mode, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try to create a new Snapshot backup. The related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Once done, please download the archive using a FTP application, and upload it into your destination website, and check whether you get the same results when you try to restore.

If yes, please attach the debug.log file in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.