Snapshot not saving WWW files

This issue pertains to more then just the site in this thread. I've created 4-5 snap shots today and have noticed that approximately half of them don't work. Upon further investigation it appears the ones that don't work are 1/2 or even 1/3 the size of the ones that do work. Looking further it appears the ones that do not work, do not have the WWW folder within the zip archive. I've setup all sites the same way however some aren't saving the WWW files.. could you please help me to figure out why this is?

• Nithin

Hi Jason,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I checked your website, and at the moment it seems like you only have one snapshot in your system. Its pretty tough to state what could have gone wrong by just looking at the dashboard, maybe it got corrupted while taking a Snapshot.

This may happen occasionally, but if you are able to notice this issue frequently then would recommend you to enable debug mode, and check whether any other issue is causing this. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try to replicate the issue by creating a new Snapshot, the related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Ivan

Hello Jason !

It seems this problem related with hosting based on software from Microsoft. I asked developer about this issue and I believe, he will come up with his valuable opinion on this very soon. We will update you as soon as we get anything from him.

Please keep in mind, our developers work around the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a feedback. I will appreciate your patience.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Ivan

Hello Jason !

I got reply from our developer and he recommended to add this code to wp-config.php (this file situated in root folder of WordPress. You can edit it via FTP or SFTP )

if (!defined('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY')) define('SNAPSHOT_FORCE_ZIP_LIBRARY', 'pclzip');

This code allows using "pclzip" library for Snapshot plugin.

I tested it on your site and it seems it works. Please, check this and tell me know if the issue will still.

Best regards,
    Ivan.

• Jason

Noticed that you added the code above to the wp-config file. I ran a snapshot and downloaded the zip file. This did contain the WWW folder now, however inside the WWW folder was a folder named "rdpress" which didn't make any sense to me. I tried running the restore leaving the zip as is and it didn't restore any of the WWW files. I assumed the "rdpress" was in reference to my site core being in a subfolder however that was named "wordpress" not "rdpress".

I did, however, get the restore to work properly by extracting the zip, moving the "wp-content" folder within the "rdpress" folder up a directory, so it was just WWW > wp-content instead of WWW > rdpress > wp-content. Once I rezipped this and ran the restore all files were present.

**Update: Sorry it doesn't look like it included the uploads at all.. it did get theme & plugins though

• Nithin

Hi Jason,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I created a new snapshot, which includes only the media files, and I could see that the files aren't being copied, somehow it's being skipped. I'm pinging the developer regarding this, so that he would be able to give a better idea on what could have caused this.

As a workaround, you can just copy, and move the /uploads folder. Will keep you updated, once I get a feedback from the developer regarding this.

Please do note that developers work round the clock with many critical issues, and hence have a slow response time. Either myself, or the developer will keep you posted asap. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.