Snapshot not synching with DropBox

Hello,

Went in to check my DropBox and saw that the last backups were a month ago. Checked the server and they're up to date. Not sure why, but the options haven't changed. Not sure where to even start!

Hope you can help,

Best regards,

Paul

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

Hope you're doing well today!

The first place we will want to look is your Snapshot logs. You can view these from your Snapshots list, as seen in my screenshot. It should show an error at the bottom of somewhere regarding dropbox that should give us some more info on the issue.

If you could grant support access then I can have a look as well.

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Look forward to hearing back.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

Thanks for extending the access, appreciate that!

I've just created a smaller snapshot that doesn't include all your files so we can see if the file size is an issue here. It looks like your max execution time is already very high, so it shouldn't be a problem but this way we'll know for sure.

If the small one I just made doesn't send, we'll give it a bit of time to upload, then can you force re-authorize your dropbox. You can do this via:

Snapshots > Destinations > "edit" the dropbox destination, you will see a checkbox to do this.

Talk to you soon and hope you have a happy new year!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul
    • The Incredible Plugin Injector

Hi Tyler,

Seems like it's still stuck in Pending mode. Checked DropBox and nothing there. I went to re-authorize, I see the checkbox, but there is no submission button. No save button. Nada.

Best regards,

Paul

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

Sorry about the delay here! Can you send me in your FTP and re-enable support access? Then I can investigate this further :slight_smile:

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul

So, Tyler, have you looked at the snapshot logs? You asked me to look at them and told me we can tell what's happening there. I gave you access, I figured you'd take a look at that and be able to see something. I gave you support access, you even created a snapshot, couldn't you tell that it stuck on pending and was never sent? it would have taken you a few moments I believe to make that verification. I'm just really sick and tired of running after plugins that don't work from WPMUDev.

Thanks for wasting my time.

Best regards,

Paul

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Sorry Paul. I did look at your logs, before I made the smaller test snapshot. It looked like it might not have been able to send because of the size of the snapshot, as in your server would either time out or run out of memory. Which is why I wanted to try the smaller snapshot. If that didn't work either, then we'd try establishing a new connection with dropbox in-case that is where the issue was.

Sorry if it seems like I'm wasting your time here. Definitely not my intention at all. This issue just requires a bit more troubleshooting than usual which is why I asked for the FTP to be sent in then I can debub it further and should be able to sort out what it is. If I still can't then I'll bring in one of the developers to have a look as well. Either way, I'll make sure we get this sorted out asap :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul

Hi Tyler,

Sorry if I came out a bit rough. I just want to get things solved. I found this in my error log. Does this mean anything to you?

[19-Jan-2016 16:43:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'ROOT_SANDBOX' in /home/suiteone/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Model/Destination/dropbox/index.php on line 536

Best regards,

Paul

• Paul

Here's another one. Includes Snapshot and WPML.

[10-Jan-2016 07:27:47 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'suiteone_wor18.zal_79_icl_locale_map' doesn't exist for query SELECT code, locale FROM zal_79_icl_locale_map made by do_action_ref_array, call_user_func_array, WPMUDEVSnapshot->snapshot_backup_cron_proc, Snapshot_Helper_Logger->log_message, Snapshot_Helper_Utility::show_date_time, date_i18n, apply_filters('date_i18n'), call_user_func_array, wp_maybe_decline_date, get_locale, apply_filters('locale'), call_user_func_array, SitePress->locale, WPML_Locale->locale, WPML_Locale->get_locale

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the additional info here:

[19-Jan-2016 16:43:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'ROOT_SANDBOX' in /home/suiteone/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Model/Destination/dropbox/index.php on line 536

This relates to the dropbox api is likely happening because you have another plugin that is also connected to dropbox. I see WPML is included in an error above, I'm not aware of dropbox functionality in that plugin but perhaps that is the culprit? If not, do you have any other plugins connected to dropbox? Disable them and then see if it sends to snapshot properly :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

Can you send in your FTP and re-grant support access so we can debug further? If I can't get any further after debugging then I'll pass it over to our developer asap to get their thoughts on it.

One way or another we will get this syncing with your dropbox again :slight_smile:

I'll re-paste in the instructions on sending that info in here:

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul

Hello Tyler!

Ok so the path was changed. You have access to the root folder. Gave you support access as well. Please hurryyyyy!!! There<s a big WP attack going on and would love to have backups :wink:

Thanks man,

Paul

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

We work through all threads from oldest to newest and as you can tell we've had a higher than usual amount of tickets recently. Sorry about this! Just seeing your ticket again now.

Thanks for changing the FTP path. I logged in and confirmed this is a plugin conflict.

I temporarily deactivated all your other plugins except Snapshot, and you can see that the snapshots were able to send.

I reactivated all your plugins not long after and it actually looks like the snapshots are still sending, which is a good sign; however, if it gets blocked again then we'll need to find out which plugin caused the conflict in the first place.

The best way to do that is deactivate the plugins one by one until it starts sending again. Of course, we'll need it to stop working before we can do that.

Let me know if when you check this later it's still working or not :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul

Hi Tyler,

Last sync is on Feb 12, when you posted last. Guess it hasn't worked since then. I'm using a plugin that connects to facebook and all other social networks. But as you can tell I don't have any other plugins connecting to any external drives or anything like DropBox.

Thanks,

Paul

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

@Paul it may not be a conflict specifically with a plugin that involves dropbox. That's usual the case with the error you received but this may be a special situation. Or a plugin might be using the dropbox api for something that isn't obvious so it's sort of hidden in it.

Either way, it's definitely a conflict with one of your plugins as when I deactivated them all except Snapshot, it started syncing again.

Have you tried deactivating them one by one until it starts working again? That will be easiest way to find out which one it is. I would start with any that may have been added around when you noticed it stop working.

I'd recommend creating a staging site if you don't already have one, so you can do the tests on there. Especially since you have quite a few sites on your network. This way it won't affect your users at all. We could do the plugin test for you, but we would prefer a staging site to work with as we can't guarantee the time that we will be running the test and don't want to interrupt your users experience.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul

Hi Tyler,

Would you be able to do the test for me? I see you're in Canada. Which time zone? I'm in eastern time. And from the looks of this post it seems like you're working night time my time. There is very little traffic during the night on the Network, so it shouldn't be a problem.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

I'm in the pacific timezone so 3 hours behind you. What is a good time you think? Probably around right now? It's 10:20pm my time so 1:20am your time.

It will take a little longer that usual to run the plugin conflict test in this case since snapshot tries to send the files every few minutes, so I'll need to make sure it won't send after each interval. Just letting you know that so you're aware that some plugins may be deactivated a little longer than others. Once I find the issue then I'll reactivate them all.

If around this time 9-10pm my time is good for you just say so and I'll get started as early as tomorrow if I hear back by then :slight_smile:

You will need to reactivate the support access to.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul

Hi Tyler!

Support access granted. Btw you might want to let someone know the support page in mobile is responsive but the layout is messed up.

Btw i just realized. Around the time it stopped i installed a new premium theme with a load of plugins, which i had to activate on the main site. The X theme. All the plugins start with X. You might want to start looking there. Sorry i would have taken the time but for some reason this is my busiest month ever. I really appreciate your support man.

Best regards,

Paul

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

No problem. Happy to help :slight_smile: sorry it's taken this long to find the cause of the issue here.

Good news though, I did find the conflicting plugin.

It's the Ninja Forms File Uploads add-on plugin. It has a Dropbox external upload feature.

I'm not sure if you are using this plugin at all, but one solution of course would be to remove it.

Another option would be to remove just the dropbox.php file since it sounds like you definitely aren't using the dropbox functionality of it.

You can find the file via:

/wp-content/plugins/ninja-forms-uploads/includes/external/dropbox.php

You would need to delete it after each Ninja Forms File Uploads update; however, it doesn't look like it's updated too often based on it's changelog.

I've left the plugin active and the dropbox file there so you can decide which route you would like to go.

If you have any further questions on that just let me know.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for letting me know where the issue is and how to temporarily resolve it. I checked the change log of that plugin, and it was last updated in September 2015. I was still syncing up until November. Did you guys release an update for snapshot back in November by any chance?

Best regards,

Paul

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

Any luck getting it sorted with Ninja Forms? I've flagged one of our SLS staff(coding experts) to investigate this further as well.

I don't think the issue will be unique to Ninja Forms. It will occur when using any other plugin that also uses Dropbox. Our developer will be able to find out more. Keep in mind SLS deal with more advanced issues so it can take longer for them to reply back.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Paul

Hi Tyler,

I spoke to Ninja Forms and requested you guys speak to each other since none of this stuff makes sense to me :slight_smile: They agreed and asked if I can put you guys in touch. Please keep in mind that i'm still without backup. I have server level backup, but nothing on my multisite.

So if this issue would be caused by any other plugin using DropBox is there a way for you guys to fix this? Will this issue still happen with your new backup service (I'm pretty sure we'd have to wait and see!)?

Best regards,

Paul

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @paul179,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, you give this thread to Ninja form developers. This will also help us track the progress and our code experts to proceed smoothly. What method Ninja Forms developers proposed ?

I would strongly recommend you take full backup of your website first. If remote backup is not working then you can use the local backup option or SFTP backup option.

Regarding the new backups service, we will be hosting them all on our own servers. I am not aware of the plans to be integrated with third party backups at the moment.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:
    Cheers, Sajid

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Paul,

If they would like me to email them then just let me know how to get into contact with whoever you've been chatting with or they can reach me privately by emailing contact@wpmudev.org

Ask them to make the subject line "Attn: Tyler Postle" - that will ensure it gets assigned to me then I can get the developer involved so they can chat :slight_smile:

Will this issue still happen with your new backup service (I'm pretty sure we'd have to wait and see!)?

Our new backup service will store the backups on our own server(no extra charge to members) so it definitely won't conflict with that; however, we will still have the Dropbox option in Snapshot for those who prefer that, so definitely in our best interest to get this sorted out.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.