Snapshot not working

I am trying to run a snapshot backup on my site, but it keeps running into an error and stopping. The error message tells me to check the settings, but I have no idea what settings need to be changed to allow the backup to finish.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Andra

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

You are trying to restore Snapshot or taking creating new one ? And which Snapshot is causing error ? Every one in the list or is there any specific one ?

Please advise.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Andra!

I accessed and checked your site. I can see the issue so I started with updating Snapshot to the most recent version that's been released just today. Unfortunately this didn't help.

That being said, please add following line to the "wp-config.php" file of your site:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

The line should be placed above the "/* That's all, stop editing! */ line. Once it's there give it another try .

In case it didn't help either, please perform a full theme/plugin conflict test as described on a flowchart in this article (you may need to scroll the page down a bit):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know about results, please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Andra,

I did few more tests on your site and the snapshot fails on the plugins folder, so it looks like it gets stuck on one of the plugins, do you remember which ones you have installed since it stopped working?

There's also 500 error in console that might give us more info if you enable debug on your site.
    You can enable debug log in your wp-config.php by replacing define('WP_DEBUG', false); with this code:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Try creating snapshot again and when it fails it should create debug.log file in your wp-content folder that could tell us what is going on.
    Can you please save it as .txt file and attach it here so we can check it out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.