Snapshot plugin can't write to folders

The file permissions for these folders are 755. I'm not sure if that is the problem or if it's something else? Here is the error message I'm getting:

ERROR: The Snapshot destination folder is not writable /home/elitehom/public_html/bestdenverproperties.com/wp-content/uploads/snapshotsERROR: The Snapshot destination folder is not writable /home/elitehom/public_html/bestdenverproperties.com/wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_backupERROR: The Snapshot restore folder is not writable /home/elitehom/public_html/bestdenverproperties.com/wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_restoreERROR: The Snapshot destination folder is not writable /home/elitehom/public_html/bestdenverproperties.com/wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_logsERROR: Cannot create snapshot Log folder. Check that the parent folder is writeable /home/elitehom/public_html/bestdenverproperties.com/wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_logs/_sessions

Thanks.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @PaulMurphyMarketing,

Hope you're well today, that should work fine with those permissions.

But to make sure, can you switch to 777 permissions and see if it works correctly then please? Please note don't keep these permissions as they aren't safe, this is just a test to check the permissions.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• PaulMurphyMarketing
    • New Recruit

Okay, I changed the four folders (backup, locks, logs, & restore) that were 755 to 777 but I'm still getting an error message:
    ERROR: The Snapshot destination folder is not writable /home/elitehom/public_html/bestdenverproperties.com/wp-content/uploads/snapshots

The other files under "snapshots" are .htaccess with 644, and index.php with 644, and cashedir.tag with 644.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @PaulMurphyMarketing,

Can you send your details using the following contact form (select i have a different question from the dropdown.)

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Mark for attn: Vaughan
    Include a ref URL to this thread.

Please include site login details (super-admin if on multisite)
    Also include FTP login details so we can take a look at the server config.
    If possible, could you also include CPanel login details too.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.