Snapshot Plugin full archive direct download link.

Is there a way to get a direct download link for migrating a full Snapshot archive? Would be nice to be able to use wget or something from the destination server rather than downloading then uploading the archive.

Adam Czajczyk

Hello ideafolder,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If you are referring to the "snapshots" (Snapshot -> Snapshots page) then this may be possible. It would depend on where you store your backups - e.g. locally or on another server via FTP - and if the "storage server" allows such access. But "in general" you could use wget or even curl directly from the console to download archive.

Also, "Snapshot" can import the file directly from an URL (on "Snapshot -> Import" page) if that archive is available directly via URL. That, again, makes it only a matter of its location.

If it comes to Managed Backups, that's not available currently so you can either use "in plugin" Restore option - if restoring to the working site, the same where the backup was created. If you're restoring to other location, a download is currently the only available option.

That being said, I have moved this thread to our "Features & Feedback" forum so other members of our community could vote for it and if the idea gets more support, our developers will consider making some "direct access" available in future. Please note: I'm not able to promise you that or give any ETA.

Best regards,
    Adam

ideafolder

Hi Adam,
    Thanks for the response. Sorry, I was referring to restoring from your managed backups, which you mentioned in your response. I just migrated 6 WP sites using Snapshot. The first one I migrated was the largest at about 1.5 GB archived. Of course, that one was on the managed backups, so I was a little frustrated at first. Once I figured out migrating from managed backups was not the best option, I just added the new server to my destinations and everything went smooth. Solid plugin.

Oh, since you moved this thread and I'm too lazy to start a new one ... More options when restoring snapshots please! Things like Skipping DB import, etc.

Thanks,
    Mike