Snapshot Plugin Installation Step

I can't proceed further after I installed Snapshot Plugin as I encounter any of the two.

1. Attempting to download remote file: http://theworldsmegamall.com/blogs/YeastInfectionBlogPlusArticlesPUSE0611.zip

Processing archive: YeastInfectionBlogPlusArticlesPUSE0611.zip (0b)
Error: Manifest data not found in archive.
Snapshot import complete

2. For archives already on your server but not showing in the All Snapshots listing you can simply submit this form without entering a value below. This will scan the snapshot archivs directory (/home2/yourwor5/public_html/www.theworldsmegamall.com/wp-content/uploads/snapshots) for any missing archives and add them to the listing.

If the missing archive is on the server but saved to a different path. Maybe you setup the archive to save to an alternate directory. Then you can enter the full server path to the directory where the archive resides.

URL or local path to Snapshot Archive
local import file not found /home2/yourwor5/public_html/www.theworldsmegamall.com/wp-
content/uploads/snapshots/ftp://yourwor5@192.185.52.214/public_html/blogs/YeastInfectionBlogPlusArticlesPUSE0611.zip/. This could mean either the entered path was not valid or accessible.
Snapshot import complete

Would you mind to assist me on step by step procedure so I can install my new blog(s).

Thanks

best regards,
Chuck

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for posting this. I'm afraid the file appears to be either corrupted or invalid. I can't seem to unzip the file and it produces an error when trying to import it using Snapshot.

Could I ask how the file was created and whether the creation process actually completed in entirety?

Thanks,
    David

• Richard
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

It seems I am having difficulty attaching files in this forum. I have tried and would not work. .Would you mind to go to my Dropbox and see if you can open these files. You need to unzip and identify which file is the blog that I want to install in my multi site mother blog: http://www.theworldsmegamall.com.

Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2anzsum3f30vmmt/AADld-M54UegRGeNLvQR4Rvba?dl=0

Thank you so much. Really appreciate your help.

regards,
    Chuck (Richard Olivas)

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya, Chuck!

I was able to download and extract a file from your dropbox, and I think I may see the issue. Do you also have Backup Buddy installed? I think it may be conflicting with Snapshot.

Can you try taking a Snapshot with Backup Buddy disabled and see if you're able to import it?

Thanks so much, Chuck! We'll get it all sorted out. : )

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Richard,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

After reading through your thread here and catching up, it's my understanding that you're trying to import a single site into your multisite?

If this is the case then when you snapshot the single site, you don't need to include the plugins - pre-install the plugins you need on your multisite.

Keep the database tables for the plugins you need. If you aren't sure which database tables to keep then just try keeping all of them.

Now do the snapshot then download the .zip from your snapshot listing.

Once you have the .zip downloaded you will want to connect to your multisite through FTP and upload that .zip to your /wp-content/uploads/snapshots folder :slight_smile:

After that, scan for the import and it should be good to go!

Let me know if that works Richard. If not, then let us know and we'll go in for a closer look!

Talk to you soon.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Richard
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, after I disabled backupbuddy, I encountered this problem:

Fatal error: Unknown: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in Unknown on line 0.

I dont know what happened. I am checking with my service provider. In the meantime, would you able to know what cause downing of my site? Would you be able to assist me?

Thanks..

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Richard,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for getting back to us.

Do you also have the WordPress HTTPS plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-https/

I have seen in the past that error come up when that plugin is installed - try temporarily deactivating it if it is installed.

Can you also upgrade to the latest version of Snapshot, we're on 2.4.3 right now :slight_smile:

When do you encounter that problem exactly? During creation of the snapshot or during restore? Or when you try to import the file.

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Richard
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

After followed your recommended steps i.e. disable Backupbuddy so I can use Snapshot plugin, my site was imemdiately shutdown. Here is what i can see from my http://www.theworldsmegamall.com site:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home2/yourwor5/public_html/www.theworldsmegamall.com/wp-includes/cache.php on line 113.

I checked with my service provided and this what they told me:

This error appears to be from the addon domain trying to use too many resources. This could stem from a newly installed

plugin you may have put in the account or a number of other plugins that have become outdated and now are requiring more

resources to try and funciton for all of the content in your site. The end result is the same regarding the account itself

using too many resources and as such is unable to process the sites content with the current allotment. You can try to

resolve this by setting up a caching system for your WordPress installation, updating your plugins to the latest version

and removing any unnecessary plugins from the account. The idea is to try and lower the amount of resource usage the account is trying to use which is effectively breaking the site.

Can your technical support assist me to put back my site and do some technical recommendations on what plugin to keep? I can give you my access details.

Pls I need your help to put back my sites.

Thanks.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Richard!

De-activating Backup Buddy should not have brought your site down. i suspect creating a site backup may have been too much for your server to handle, but let's do some quick tests to be sure.

1. Via FTP, rename your plugins (wp-content/plugins/) to something like 1plugins, so all plugins will be automatically deactivated.

2. See if you can access your site.

3. If you can, it means one or more plugin files is using too many resources.

To find that plugin, go back to your FTP program, and to wp-content, where you'll create a new folder called "plugins."

Copy your individual plugin folders from 1plugins to plugins one at a time, testing your site between each plugin.

If the site crashes when you add one in particular, that's probably the culprit.

All that being said, let's check just a few other things.

1. Is your site on a dedicated server, or a shared server?

2. Aside from disabling Backup Buddy, were there any other changes to your plugins or themes right before your site came down?

Thanks, Richard!

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Richard,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for getting back to us!

Do you mind sending us in your FTP and WP login credentials?

Then we can work to further debug the situation and run some more plugin tests :slight_smile:

You can send the credentials in privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back Richard! Have a great rest of your weekend.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Richard,

Hope you're doing well today!

I just checked my inbox and I don't see any messages from you, I also checked your account and don't see any being sent for this either.

Would you mind re-sending that in? Make sure the subject is "Attn: Tyler Postle" and you select "I have a different question" for the topic selection :slight_smile:

Apologies for the inconvenience here, thought maybe it went to spam but wasn't in there either :slight_frown:

Look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. I'm heading to bed shortly, but will be back online tomorrow!

• Richard
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tyler,

Good morning. Hope you had great sleep last night. I have resent the enquiry to you and received acknowledgment that my message has been sent successfully! Really need your help to effectively use Snapshot plugin.

My best regards.
    Richard

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Richard,

Hope you're doing well and thanks for getting back to me. This is very weird. It is still not showing an email having been sent from your account and I didn't receive anything. I have just sent a message directly to your account email that you can reply too with the details, that way the ticket already exists in our system and when you reply it will be replying directly to me :slight_smile:

Very sorry for the inconvenience here. If possible would you be able to include an attachment of the acknowledgement you received of your previous message being sent successfully? I want to investigate that a bit further to see if the issue is on our end! Then we can get it resolved so this doesn't happen again.

Look forward to hearing back Richard! I'll be online for awhile, talk to you soon :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Richard
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tyler,

I don't have the attachment except the message that said my message to you was successful. This always happens with my communication with WPMU. I guess your team should work hard on this one.

Because it happened to me a number of times, I copied my email to my notepad and will resend to you. Hopefully, you receive my email. Probably your Contact Form can contain only few words and without links. My wild guess.

Will send it now.
    Thanks Tyler,

regards,
    Richard (this is my real name, Chuck is my nickname). My wife wants me to be called with real name Richard.

• Richard
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tyler,

I don't have the attachment except the message that said my message to you was successful. This always happens with my communication with WPMU. I guess your team should work hard on this one.

Because it happened to me a number of times, I copied my email to my notepad and will resend to you. Hopefully, you receive my email. Probably your Contact Form can contain only few words and without links. My wild guess.

Will send it now.
    Thanks Tyler,

regards,
    Richard (this is my real name, Chuck is my nickname). My wife wants me to be called with real name Richard.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Richard it is then!

Thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

This is the first time I've ever seen this issue in 5 months working here, very odd!

Have you already replied? I still haven't got anything yet, just in-case you have already replied and I still didn't receive it, try sending it to my email directly, so it has nothing to do with our contact system - see if that works: tyler [at] incsub. com (without the spaces of course).

Talk to you soon!

Tyler

I've received emails from others today, so it's odd that yours is getting stopped or just not getting through.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Thanks for sending that in Richard! I've logged into your multisite install and all seems well; however, as mentioned above the snapshots linked in this thread are invalid, would you be able to email me, same email, the credentials to one of your sites you are trying to import in? Then I can try out another snapshot :slight_smile:

I only need the wp-admin login for the ones we are trying to import in because I can download the snapshot file from the dashboard after I take it.

Also, if you can upgrade Snapshot to the latest version in your multisite that would be helpful too :slight_smile: I would of done it for you, but feels intrusive updating someone else' plugins without their permissions. You should see that 2.4.3.1 is available to upgrade too.

Look forward to hearing back via email so I can try taking a snapshot from one of the sites you want to import in. I'll test the snapshot on my own install first to ensure it is working before we restore it to your live site.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Richard,

Thanks for getting back to me. My apologies, haven't been watching my personal email while working - I see your last couple emails.

You may not need to use either, as the backups you have include importbuddy.php, which is related to BackupBuddy; however, I don't believe requires backupbuddy.

All you need to do is upload the importbuddy.php file to your new install and then navigate to it in your address url and follow the steps. Here's a tutorial on it: https://ithemes.com/codex/page/BackupBuddy:_Manual_Migration#Uploading_through_ImportBuddy

This will lead you step by step through the process :slight_smile: it should work for the site you have and all other sites that were backuped in a similar way.

Our snapshot plugin works very well too; but it requires that the backups be done with snapshot in order to import with snapshot.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you still have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Richard
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tyler,

Thank you soooo much. I will try your recommended steps of uploading the blog's importbuddy.php file to install new blog to my multi site blogshop.

Once done successfully, I will keep you posted.

Have a great Sunday!

Richard

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.