Snapshot Plugin Removes Snapshot Settings After Restore

Hi Guys,

I just did a restore using Snapshot. In the middle of the resotre, the progress bars kind of stalled. After a while, I did a refresh and not the snapshot job that I had created to run twice a day isn’t there any more.

Can you please help?

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@peteccsb, Hmm. That is not suppose to happen. Check your /wp-content/uploads/snapshots/ directory on your server. You should still see the zip archives.

Then you can go to Snapshots > Settings and look for the archive import section. This will scan the archive directory and import. You may then need to double check your scheduled items.

I’m curious about what you restored. Was the archive from the same version of Snapshot, WordPress, etc? Was the archive for database? Files? Also, any chance to dig into your server logs to possible see what the error was? If you were restoring files it might have hit a permission issue moving a file into place. But it is coded to handle this. Since you lost your settings I’m assuming you were doing a database restore.

Looking for as much details as you can provide about the restore and where exactly it stopped. So I can investigate further. Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hello, hope you’re having a fantastic day!

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, that’s great news. if however you still need some assistance then please feel free to reopen this thread or for any different issues create a fresh thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.