Snapshot Plugin Restore Failure to Import Tables

I've had success with other Snapshot restores on this server, however this one keeps failing. After I import the snapshot, I click to restore, and shortly after, I get a Failed to import Tables error.

Wondering if I can get some help directly if someone can review the logs and see if there is something that is off.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Smithwood,

Hope you're doing well today!

I just tried to login and check this out; however, I received this error:

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

That is likely the issue as well. If you're hitting your bandwidth limit then it would cause the snapshot restore to fail. Your host should be able to help you get that increased :slight_smile: you may need to go to the next hosting package.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Smithwood,

I checked it out again and this is most likely due to the size of the snapshot. 1.6g is a massive snapshot and would take a lot of execution time. Try upping that, which you can do by adding this to your .htaccess:

php_value max_execution_time 600

This will increase the timeout to 10 minutes. Which generally you don't want a timeout that high as a lot of server resources will be used in that time, but just make sure after restoring the snapshot you decrease this number again.

I'm not sure which site the snapshot is initially from, but would you be able to take another snapshot from it? If so, I would recommend doing that and not including the plugins/themes. Those files make the snapshot much larger. It is sometimes better to just install the plugins/themes in your new site then restore the snapshot which includes all the db tables - that will bring back all your settings/options for the plugins and themes.

Let me know if you have further questions on this!

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.