Snapshot Pro and Localhost installation

Hi,

I have tried to restore a snapshot of my staging website (hosted on my live web server) to my local machine running web matrix. A message explained that the restore was successfully but many things are missing included the plugins, data from the tables etc. I have restored the same snapshot on another web server version of wordpress and it restored successfully. Are there any extra steps to make the localhost version work correctly?

Many thanks

• Kasia Swiderska

Hi Lee,

Restoring snapshot to localhost should take the same as for live web. Can you confirm that you imported your snapshot correctly to your localhost?

Those are the steps for importing Snapshot from Dropbox:

1. Go to Snapshot > Import and add your dropbox link and click on Scan / Import
    2. You should see green notification Success: Archive imported successfully.
    3. In Snapshots > All Snapshots hover on your new imported snapshot and click restore
    4. In next window repeat the previous step
    5. Choose what to import from your snapshot and click on Restore Snapshot button
    6. Let the import finish and you should see this message SUCCESS: Snapshot Restore complete!

What do you use to import files?

Kind regards,
    Kasia