snapshot pro backup not workinng

HI, I'm trying to take a backup of my website (bhhscc.com) and the plugin just returned an error "other error" and failed my backup. Please help.

• James Morris

Hello Richie

I hope you are well today. Thank you for having Support Access enabled on your site so I could take a closer look.

Reviewing your resources through WP Admin -> Network Admin -> WPMU DEV Dashboard -> Support -> System Info, I'm seeing you have 512M of memory set in your memory_limit. While this is usually more than sufficient for Single Site installs or very small Multisite Network installations, sometimes this is not quite adequate enough resources for handling backups. This is especially true if your database is decently sized or you have a large amount of media.

In order to test to see if you are reaching your resource limits, would you please add the following defines to your wp-config.php just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

// Performance Enhancements
    ini_set("memory_limit","1024M");
    ini_set("max_execution_time","300");
    // Increase WP Memory Limit
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '1024M');

If you are using our Managed Backups feature of Snapshot, please also add the following defines:

define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 50);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_USE_PRECACHE', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_IGNORE_SYMLINKS', true);

Finally, would you please enable WP_DEBUG to see if there are any debug.log messages being generated?

To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After you've attempted to perform another Snapshot/Manged Backup, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, open that file with a text editor like notepad (Windows), GEdit (Linux), or TextEdit (Mac). You can then save the file as a .txt file and upload it here as an attachment to your post.

I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.