[Snapshot Pro] backup snapshot on Drive

Hi,
I am trying to set up a backup on Google Drive, the destination has been added (successfully it seems), but I get an error every time I try to create a new snapshot. I did check on my Drive and nothing is in the destination folder.
May you help ?
Thanks a lot,
M

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Alexis

I hope you're well today and thank you for reaching out to us!

Could you tell me please what is the error that you're getting? I assume there's some error message so could you share it with me, please?

I'd also like to take a closer look at the site and test the issue so would you please enable support access to the site for me? To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page, click on "Grant support access" button there and let me know here once it's done.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for granting access, I had a quick test by connecting my GDrive and creating a small DB backup and it worked fine.
    The issue you are seeing is for the backup to finish so there's no file to be sent on GDrive.

I then checked the backup creation and it seems that the issue is happening because your server is not able to handle the number of requests needed for backups to finish when all the files are included.
    I performed a couple of different backups, database only worked, plugins only worked, media only worked, but if all of them are included then it failed during the process.

I would suggest that you get in touch with your hosting provider so they can check the server logs and see which resources are being exhausted during the backup and see if they can increase the limit.

Or you can split your backups in multiple ones, so one for database, one for media and theme files and one for plugins.
    Since they are split like that it will require less server resources and it should be able to finish without any problems.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.