[Snapshot Pro] Backups/Restore

If I download the zip file of a backup and delete the website, later on is there a way to upload that zip file to a new domain and the whole site be restored?

• James Morris

Hello Brenda

Yes, but with qualifiers...

If you are using Managed Backups, you can download the zip file from your Hub Dashboard and the selecting the Restore option. Then select that your site is completely down. You will be given the option to download a installer.php script. Upload that script and the backup to the root directory of the new domain and follow the instructions.

If you are using Local Snapshots, then you will need to install WordPress, WPMU DEV Dashboard and Snapshot Pro on the destination site first. Then using the Import option in Snapshot Pro, you can import the backup and restore it from WP Admin.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Kris Tomczyk

Hi Jessie

Could you insert your file:
    swaddlemigration-1532206104-180721-204824-e076200d.zip
    to /wp-content/uploads/snapshot/ folder and then go to Snapshot -> Import and just click IMPORT button at the bottom?
    Snapshot automatically will check this directory and will import this file to your snapshot list in Snapshot -> Snapshots.

If issue will still exist we will need your site access and FTP credentials. Please send it through our secure contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and make sure that subject is "I have a different question" and:
    - Mark to my attention: ATTN: Krzysztof Tomczyk
    - Site access (URL/ username / password)
    - FTP credentials (host / username / password)
    - Link back to this thread

Please confirm here in thread that you have sent that message.

Kind Regards,
    Kris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.