Snapshot Pro ends up ni 500 error while creating a backup

Hi

I tried creating a backup using snapshot pro and it killed my whole multisite with a 500 error!

please help!

Omar

• Tyler Postle

Hey omarhk,

It sounds like it may have triggered some sort of resource limit with your host. If that is the case then you may need to contact them to get it either increased or at least cleared so the site is accessible again.

With that said, I'd like to check your error logs to make sure. Can you send in your FTP and wp-admin?

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Then I can take a closer look and figure out what went wrong here. If it's fixable from my end then I will.

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Omar,

Thanks for sending that info, Nithin passed it onto me.

It looks like you were creating the Snapshot via:

Snapshot > Add New - or - All snapshots. right?

Instead of:

Snapshot > Managed Backups.

The managed backups option is one we just added into the plugin and it uses a completely different backup process versus the regular "Add New" Snapshot.

The add new Snapshot attempts to do everything in one call while the managed backups break it up into "chunks" which is a lot easier for servers to handle, especially shared servers.

I can see in your server error log that the problem was you ran out of memory.

So try setting up the Managed Backups - you will still be able to download a local copy of the backup if you like and there will also be a copy secure on our servers should you ever need it.

Let me know if you have any further questions on this.

We could try increasing your memory but given that your website is almost 5GB in size, it likely wouldn't make much difference and you are much better off using the Managed Backups feature instead.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.