Snapshot Pro is causing my websites to crash

Snapshot Pro is causing my websites to crash because it uses to many recourses on server. I just experinced my clients website was blocked completely by the webhost. Before I used af service called InfiniteWP, they have different backup settings.

https://support.infinitewp.com/support/solutions/articles/212262-backup-methods

Do you offer something similar?

• Nithin

Hi Magnus Friis,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Just to be sure, you notice the issue with both Snapshots, and Managed Backups? Snapshots are created in the plugin, under Snapshot > Snapshots page, and Managed backups, under Snapshot > Managed Backups of the plugin.

Both have different methods when it comes to creating backups, so would like to be clear whether you notice with both, or any specific ones.

We have shared the logs, and brought this into the developers attention. However, we would also appreciate, if you could enable debug mode in your system for more details.

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try to create a new Snapshot. Once done, the related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Magnus Friis

Hi Nithin,

Yeah, I did notice the difference between the two ways to backup.
    Regarding your request about making another debug log and run another backup, I don't feel like doing that, because last time I ran a complete backup with Snapshot Pro the webhost closed down the page because it was using to much resources on the server while backing up, which was really frustrating for my client because it took almost 12 hours before they opened it again.

I appreciate that you are looking in to the problem though.

Best,
    Magnus

• Nithin

Hi Magnus Friis,

I guess you meant you tried both Snapshots, and Managed Backup and the result was same. I understand, about not making another debug log. However, it's pretty tough to say what could be causing the issue without troubleshooting this out in your system.

Is it possible to share your server logs during the time the issue existed? The logs at the moment shared via chat only have Snapshot logs, and the another has HEAD, and GET Response headers, which I'm afraid, isn't giving much of an information regarding the site to crash.

Also did you check with your hosting provider to see whether they were able to pin point anything specific within the plugin side?

Would appreciate if you could share all the info as mentioned above, so that it would help us in having a better idea regarding what could be done to avert this.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.