[Snapshot Pro] Managed Backups not working

Managed Backup to the Hub will not proberly work.
Acess is granted.

Best regards from Germany
Manfred :slight_smile:

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Manfred_Huber

I hope you are well today.

Would you please try adding the following code block to your wp-config.php file just before the line: /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

@ini_set("memory_limit","512M");
    @ini_set("max_execution_time","300");
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
    define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_USE_PRECACHE', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_IGNORE_SYMLINKS', true);

These defines will configure PHP to allocate a little more memory and processing time to your site as well as instruct Snapshot to perform some internal optimizations for lower resource sites. This should help Managed Backups run for you.

If it does not, please ping us back here and we'll be happy to look into this issue further for you. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Manfred_Huber

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server so I can perform some advanced debugging?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Option: I have a different Question

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Manfred_Huber

Thank you for sending in those details for me. I've performed some more advanced debugging and I'm finding that, with the tools at my disposal, I'm not able to get Managed Backups to run either.

This issue has been flagged for our SLS Team (code experts) so that they can dig into this issue further for you. An update will be posted here as soon as more information is available. Thank you for your patience while we sort through this issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Ari
    • Recruit

Hey Manfred_Huber

Hope you are fine!

The issue is actually for server resource limitation. If you try several times you will notice that sometime it get succeed and sometime not. Whenever any request cross 2 minutes time it get blocked by server and give 500 error.

We tried to increase the server resource time by defining max_execution_time to 600 seconds, but since the master value is set to 180 seconds we can't cross 180 seconds.

So please increase the max_execution_time to at-least 300, you can change it from cPanel or by contacting with your hosting provider. and make sure it reflect on this page: https://your-domain.com/phpinfo.php

# Change your-domain.com to your domain.
    # Find max_execution_time and check the master value

Please once you see master value get updated, try again and let me know the status here.
    If everything working also please delete the phpinfo.php file from the root folder where wp-config.php file lie.

Best Regards,
    Ari

• Ari
      • Recruit

Hey Manfred_Huber

I think increasing max_execution_time master value will not help, please contact with your hosting provider with the first screenshot, and tell them that any script if it's execution time taking 2 minutes or longer it getting blocked by server. Also tell them to increase it.

Let me know what they said.

Best Regards,
      Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.