Snapshot Pro not working

I can't seem to restore a snapshot - It goes like it is going to work - it gets stuck on the "Snapshot determining tables/files to restore"

• Aaron
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I have opened my site up for support - Please help! I thought everything was fixed last night - which it was, and on a different server - but the hosting company restored and deleted all of my stuff...... the company has thus since moved to a new hosting company - where I am currently trying to restore the site.

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey Aaron,

Before we start troubleshooting this further I just want to make sure I understand what you're trying to do.

The site you granted access to is the site where you want to restore the backup you made on another site? I can see 2 backups there, which one is the one that you'd like to restore?

Also did you had any errors when trying to backup the site in the first place? Were you backing up both database and files?

Please let me know :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Aaron

Hope you are well today and won't mind me chiming here. :slight_smile:

Yes there is only one Snapshot now. But as its about restoring database, I just want one gentle green signal from you. :slight_smile:

Am I allowed to restore that Snapshot on your behalf ?

Looking forward to hearing back.
    Kind Regards,
    Milan

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Aaron

I tried to restore Snapshot and got the same error. So now we need to enable debug mode to your site. :slight_smile: You can do that by replacing this line in your wp-config.php file,

define( "WP_DEBUG", false ) ;

with these ones,

define ( "WP_DEBUG", true );
    define ( "WP_DEBUG_LOG", true );
    define ( "WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY", false );

After that try to restore Snapshot and wait till it generates error. Once it generates error, quite operation by closing tab, go to /wp-content/ folder of your site, find file named "debug.log" and attach it in your next post. You'll need to change it's extension from ".log" to ".txt" to let our uploading system accept your file. :slight_smile:

Let me know once you do that,
    Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.