[Snapshot Pro] Optimize images

Hi
I have performed a test on my website and the record is a bit low around 27/100. The main issue is to optimize images. I don't understand why the plugin can't optimize the image on my website.
Thanks for your help

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey guys,

Jordan I believe that the project was just wrongly selected during the ticket creation and why it shows Snapshot in the title, so I've moved to Smush to avoid confusion :slight_smile:

Daniel would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at your settings and check what's going on here?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this ticket once access is granted.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the access, I had a look at the google speed results and compared that to your Smush settings so let me explain what I found.

First thing is about the original images in the speed report, you currently have "Smush my original full-size images" option disabled in Smush settings so your original images will not be optimized and when used on site they will be shown in the report.

You also have "Super-smush my images" option disabled so only basic image optimization is performed, for best results you should enable this option.

There's also an issue with the images that are loaded in the middle section (Editorial, News, etc.), images in there are twice the size of their holder, and in some cases even more.
    So even if you optimize those images they will show in the report due to them being larger than the actual holder.
    This is something that needs to be sorted out in the theme or plugin used to build that section so that it uses images that are the same size of the holder.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any followup questions about this :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Hannah
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi
    I have enable the options "Super-smush my images" and "Smush my original full-size images"
    And run again the test, the images are optimized only at 8%
    For the last point, the theme that I use is avada and I have just insert a column with a thumbnail.
    Thanks for your help

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Daniel,

Did you perform bulk smush again after you have changed the settings?
    I'm asking because if I check one of your image from reports, wizzair-1-700x441, its current size is 81KB but if I download the original image and upload it again it will optimize it further, down to 21KB.

Also, when I check your Smush settings I see that you didn't enable "Smush my original full-size images", you actually enabled "Resize my full size images" and these are completely different options.
    "Smush my original full-size images" will leave the original image size in pixels as it is and will optimize that image.
    "Resize my full size images" will actually resize your original image to smaller size, but it will not optimize it if "Smush my original full-size images" is not enabled.

If you're going to use images larger than 1200x1024 on your site then you should disable "Resize my full size images" option or set a larger size.

Can you run bulk smush again and let us know about the results after that?

Those Copress and Resize reports should be discussed with Avada support so you can see how could you use correct image size for that section as it's not something Smush can take care of.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Daniel,

I see that most of the reports now are for Compress and Resizing, as mentioned above that is because your theme or plugins used are not using correct image size and load images larger than their holder.
    For example, if you check Israeli Fintech image in the sidebar and insect its size you will see that the holder is only 275x154 while the image loaded is 1015x567, so you need to use smaller images in order to take care of these reports.

Reports for Compress only are either for GIFs that Smush can't optimize, or images that are loaded from remote locations like Facebook and israel*****.aweb******u.com and Smush can only optimize images that are hosted on site where the plugin is installed.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Hanna,

I'm afraid that the issue with images being larger than the holder is still present on your site and that's what's mostly affecting your site speed results.
    Here are just some of the examples of the images shown in the report:

You would need to discuss that with your theme developers in order to get the correct image size used so they match or are at least close to their HTML holder.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.