Snapshot Pro Question

Hello and good day. I would like to clarify the function of Snapshot pro. It said to be Multisite compatible so can I assume that this can restore a sub-site without restoring the entire network?

Thanks

• Nithin

Hi Pelyn,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Yes, Snapshot Pro is multisite compatible, at the moment only Managed backups can perform a full multisite backup. When it comes to taking snapshot, you'll have to perform backup for each subsite. For a subsite, all you have to do is to make sure that you change the path of Blog to backup to your desired subsite, so that you can perform Snapshot per each subsite.

You'll have to make sure to enter your blog id, and click the Lookup button in order to detect the subsite you want to backup. This will create Snapshots for a particular subsite.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Brad Miller

I also think this would be a killer feature. No other backup tool offers it as far as I can tell and if you're deploying a lot of sites, the extra step of manually setting up a backup is just a point for failure. If we could set up a single backup schedule that backs up every site on a multisite install automatically and allows individual site restores, I would be a customer forever.

It's also not reasonable to restore the entire network if one site had an issue. Any way we could do this? Seems like it should be pretty straight forward just to loop through all available sub-sites and use a common set of rules to create site-level backups.

• Nithin

Hey Brad Miller,

At the moment, I'm afraid there isn't any such option to allow individuals site restores of a full backup made via Managed Backups. The plugin only works by restoring the entire network, the only workaround would be to manually create a subsite snapshots as mentioned above. However I do see your feature request to be really handy, I'm moving this thread to Features & Feedback section. The more +1 this thread receives, the more it'll be considered for development. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.