Snapshot Pro Restore to New Site Fails

I am migrating a Wordpress install from one hosting service to a new hosting service.

I installed Snapshot Pro on the old service and successfully backed up (everything I believe) to my DropBox account.

I copied the file into the Dropbox public folder and shared it. When I try to import it it gives me "Error: Manifest data not found in archive."

So I FTP'ed a copy of the file into the "wp-content/uploads/snapshots" folder. It seemed that I was able to successfully import the file.

I followed the "restore instructions" but after navigating to the "Restore Snapshot" screen and clicking on Restore Snapshot, I get a screen that says "Snapshot determining tables/files to restore" which never moves off 0%.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

John H.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @John, Michael here! :slight_smile:

This sounds like something that I'd want to have a closer look at first, could I ask you to send in the following via our secure contact form:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include the name of the snapshot in question
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form (linked to below), please select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hey @John,

Thanks for getting those details sorted out, looks like your re-installing WordPress got things to snap into place (seems like the setup before with hosts.cx caused some mighty odd hiccups).

I was able to do a restore of your site at last (though I had to create a user of my own after doing so, as the original user you created had been removed upon restoring, due the user tables being replaced).

I did disable the plugins while doing the restore, just to be sure that the restore process went smoothly, in case you wondered about them being disabled. Also, I keep seeing this on the front end of your site:

Warning: opendir(/home/thesnjcon/public_html/wp/wp-content//rotating): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/thesnjcon/public_html/wp/wp-content/themes/suffusion/functions.php on line 996

The first path mentioned has a quirk in the file path, that double // there shouldn't be like that. You'd need to check your present live site for the location of the /rotating folder, but if it happens to be a subfolder in /wp-content, then you can replace line 996 of:

/suffusion/functions.php

Changing the code there:

$content_folder = trailingslashit(WP_CONTENT_DIR).$folder;

To this:

$content_folder = trailingslashit(WP_CONTENT_DIR . $folder);

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.