Snapshot Pro S3 Issue

I am using S3 upload for WordPress ( https://github.com/humanmade/S3-Uploads )

The problem is that your Snapshot plugin keeps wanting to access the S3 bucket to write what seems like the temporary files before packaging and saving to the final destination. I am getting flooded with the error below. I need Snapshot to use local directory when for this section “Choose where your snapshots will be stored whilst they are being uploaded to your third party integrations.”

This keeps wanting to use the S3 for this, changing the “Custom” and putting a absolute directory path DOES NOT work. How can I resolve this? This is become a big issue with our logs getting flooded for every site we host.

Also the smush plugin does not work with S3 uploads as well.

PHP message: PHP Warning: fopen(s3://…/uploads/snapshots/_locks/.htaccess): failed to open stream: "S3_Uploads_Stream_Wrapper::stream_open" call failed in /home/…/html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Helper/Utility.php on line 1041

PHP message: PHP Warning: Mode not supported: w+. Use one ‘r’, ‘w’, ‘a’, or ‘x’. in /home/…/html/wp-content/plugins/S3-Uploads/inc/class-s3-uploads-stream-wrapper.php on line 820