Snapshot Pro saves all folders of a directory?

Hi there
i use a directory as the following:

mydomain/
mydomain/documents
mydomain/wordpress (installation folder)

Snapshot Pro seems to save the documents folder also, right?
What happens if i rollback a 4 week old backup? does my documents folder then automatically gets set back to the state 4 weeks ago?

Thanks
Brian

• James Morris

Hello WebSource,

I hope you are well today.

Unfortunately, no the documents directory would not be backed up. Snapshot backs up everything that is relative to the root of your WordPress installation.

So, if your site is installed at mydomain/wordpress all files and sub-directories of that path will be backed up, but nothing inside the mydomain/ directory will be backed up.

This is due to many people hosting multiple WordPress sites using the sub-directory method. If Snapshot backed up files outside of the WordPress install root directory, it would be very common for members to be backing up files they did not intend to backup.

As far as what happens when you restore goes...

When you perform a restoration, all files that were saved in the archive will be restored. However, any new files since the backup will not be removed. However, the database backup, if performed, will restore the database to the state it was during the time of the backup. So, if any new posts were added after the backup was taken, they will not be included after restoration.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.