Snapshot Pro Seperate DB Table Feature Request

So I really LOVE the Snapshot Pro Plugin. There is one thing that gets a little tricky and even though its not that hard to work around it can be a little tedious. I use WP Migrate DB Pro to move sites from my Local Environment to Staging and then to Live. I like to utilize Snapshot on my local server as well as my staging and eventually live. When migrating the databases using WP Migrate DB Pro it is very easy to not migrate certain tables. In many cases I have a database table that is used in both Local and Live though the content is specific to the environment. Snapshot Pro stores its data inside the options table and It not able to exclude rows contained in tables. So here is the million dollar question....

Is there any chance that in a future release that you can make Snapshot Pro store its information in its own table that way it can be excluded from migration. When pushing or pulling a database it will make it so the info does not have to be manually deleted and then reimported via the plugin console.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello rootdown,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your post!

This sounds like a well reasoned request. I think Snapshot Pro stores it's data in "_options" table because that's the way recommended by WordPress codex for storing various settings (a.k.a "options"). I can however easily imagine a scenario similar to the one that you described and I agree it may be better to store that settings in a separate table.

However, that will would require some serious changes to the plugin's code and I'm not able to tell you whether such a feature may be introduced in future. That said, I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of our community will support the idea.

With significant support from WPMU DEV members, our developers may then decide to implement that in one of future releases. Please note though that I'm not able to give you any ETA, nor any guarantee on this.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Have a nice day,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.