[Snapshot Pro] Snapshot fail

Hi, I have been trying to create a backup of my site but getting nowhere. I configured and ran snapshot via the dashboard and the hub but neither seems to work. Initially the max execution was being flagged but I set this to an acceptable value. The back up process via the dashboard throws an error (cannot remember what this was), and if you look at the hub it is sitting at 0% with a moving cog indicating that it is doing something. I have granted support access should it be needed.

Many thanks and warm regards

Chris Blair

• Huberson
    • Recruit

Hello Chris,
    Tested that with Managed Backup and it ran to 73% and failed as support access timeout. Though the issue with the backup not progressing at all could be due to insufficient memory.

If you have access via FTP or cpanel File Manger, locate wp-config.php file under site root directory and add in the following:

/*Increase WordPress memory */
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');

You can also enable WordPress debugging to record any errors, along the additional Snapshot constants:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

define('SNAPSHOT_TABLESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_CHUNK_SIZE', 100);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_LARGE_FILE_SIZE', 104857600);
    define('SNAPSHOT_FILESET_USE_PRECACHE', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_ATTEMPT_SYSTEM_BACKUP', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_IGNORE_SYMLINKS', true);
    define('SNAPSHOT_MB_BREADTH_FIRST', true);

Make sure those are added before this comment:
    /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Let us know if still having the issue after adding the above, and we'll proceed with further troubleshooting.

Regards,
    Huberson

• Chris
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Huberson,
    I have made the above changes to the config file and ran another backup - which failed. I have attached a screenshot of the error message that was generated. I also enabled WP debugging.

Regards

Chris Blair

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Chris,

Huh :slight_frown: That's not good, because there are no other errors that would give us more info up what is wrong. I will need to get a developer to check that.

Can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.

Subject: "Attn: Kasia Swiderska"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please confirm here that you send those credentials

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Chris,

I run the managed backup on your site and it took a while, but there were no errors at all and it was finished correctly. I removed all the additional codes from the wp-config.php, so there was no more "other type of error" and this time managed backup was done.
    Can you try on your side and see if it will work also for you?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Chris,

That is weird :slight_frown:

I just ran another backup on your site, you can see there are two of those now:

I run it there was no errors:

Can you try scheduled backups daily for testing, to see if they will run on their own? Also, please tell me what browser are you using when running manually? Can you clear browser cache and try again?

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.