[Snapshot Pro] Snapshot failes constantly

I'm new to WPMU dev so maybe I just don't understand how it works but when I try to make a snapshot of the site, it ends up in a 503 error. The destination is a Dropbox folder but nothing is in that folder, nor in the root of the dropboxfolder. I entered the dropbox authentication code. I don't know where to look for help in this issue but to you. The website is not live yet.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Sabine Visser

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

The error that you’re receiving suggests that there might be some issue with server resources (most likely PHP max_execution_time, memory limits or I/O limits) that are causing the backup process to fail.

This is most often the problem but I can’t exclude other reasons as well. It would be best if I could take a closer look at the issue and try it myself on the site to see if I can spot some more details that could shed some light on it.

That said, would you mind enabling support access to the site for me? To do so, please go to the “WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access” page in your site’s back-end and click on “Grant support access” button there.

Let me know here, please, once it’s done as I won’t be notified automatically.

I’ll then access the site and test Snapshot to see what could be done to help with the issue.

Best regards,

Adam

• Sabine Visser
    • New Recruit

Dear Adam,

Thank you for responding so fast! I tried to activate the Support Access but that failed too. I presume that the (dedicated) server is not configured the right way but I'm not sure what to alter. I changed the max_execution_time to 150 seconds earlier today though. See screenshot of some basic PHP settings. Maybe you can see something wrong there.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Sabine,

PHP settings seem fine and it’s probably some other resources that are being exhausted on the server during the backup process.

We could try tweaking the Snapshot process a bit to try and reduce the load but we would need to have access to WP files in order to do that, could you provide us with FTP or cPanel login so we can do that?

Note: Don’t leave your login details in this ticket.

Instead, you can send us your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

NOTE: Don’t change the selected topic in the dropdown, just leave it at “I have a different question”.

Subject: “Attn: Predrag Dubajic

– Site login URL

– WordPress admin username

– WordPress admin password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– cPanel credentials (host/username/password)

– Folder path to site in question

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/info

Please respond here once the form is submitted.

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.