[Snapshot Pro] Snapshot Hanging on Media

I've found that my website has stopped doing snapshots and hang at the 38% mark on the media section. Not sure why this is happening, it used to work just find and then all of a sudden stopped working.

I've opened support for this website if you'd like to look.

Why is this constantly getting hung?

• Ash

Hello Z

I have checked the issue, I was getting 404 error at a point when it was backing up the media library.

Do you have any large files inside the media library?

Also, would you please increase the memory limit and max_execution_time? To increase the memory_limit please add the following lines on wp-config.php:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

To increase max_execution_time, pleae ask your host to increase to 300 and restart your server.

Then, if you have any cache, reset the cache and delete cached files if there is any.

Next, enable debug log. To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now, try to take a backup. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Z

Do you have any large files inside the media library?

Not really everything is 6.5MB and smaller. Everything has been smushed as well. Love me some smush.
    Overall the site is very large due to the amount of images but it worked for quite a while and all of a sudden started to hang in November and I just noticed it.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

Done, I thought I already had done that here. As for the execution time is that in a file somewhere? I think that I have to do it rather than Dreamhost. I do have this in there.
    set_time_limit(300);

Cache Clear

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Done

[08-Jan-2019 15:06:28 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3736

[08-Jan-2019 15:06:28 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3738

[08-Jan-2019 15:06:28 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3740

[08-Jan-2019 15:06:33 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3736

[08-Jan-2019 15:06:33 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3738

[08-Jan-2019 15:06:33 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3740

[08-Jan-2019 15:07:41 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3736

[08-Jan-2019 15:07:41 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3738

[08-Jan-2019 15:07:41 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3740

[08-Jan-2019 15:08:28 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3736

[08-Jan-2019 15:08:28 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3738

[08-Jan-2019 15:08:28 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/user/webaddress/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3740

• Nithin

Hi Z,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I gave a closer look , and could notice the issue. The current server resources looks good, we'll need to troubleshoot further regarding what could be causing this.

Could you please send us your sites credentials, so that we could give a closer look. You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Z

Hey Nithin,

I would love to send your way, however before I do can you help me out with giving me a brief description of what you think it is? I usually post here in order to not only get the fix but to also learn about making fixes in the future and detecting problems myself. I cannot learn by just allowing you to do the job.

Therefore can you give me any idea of what's going on? That way I have an idea of what you're about to do before I send you through.

I have gotten the backup to run, without media, but that doesn't completely serve my needs although it is a quick fix.

Thanks for the help.

• Nithin

Hi Z,

This seems to be more with server resource limiting out in the Media folder. However, to understand the core issue, we'll need to give a closer look at the server side via FTP. I'm afraid, there isn't any specific steps that I could pin point, to start with, we'll be checking the server resources, via the phpinfo(); function in the server side.

And also running more test with debug mode enabled with different aspects in Snapshot to see how it behaves, which includes creating Snapshots with, and without Media folder etc. And also, checking the specific media folder regarding what exact file the plugin is hanging on, so we could check with the developer to see, what could be done to help get this sorted.

We'll be sharing what all steps that has been done to troubleshooted extensively, so that it would help you in future when such issue occurs.

Please share the login credentials as requested in my last response, so that we could get this sorted asap.

Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi Z,

I cannot find out how to send you a private message. Is there a way?

Please use the contact form as mentioned in my previous reply here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/snapshot-pro-snapshot-hanging-on-media#post-1368383

Or you can send a direct email to the following email ID, with the ticket link as a reference:
    contact@wpmudev.org

I'm afraid, without FTP login credentials, what we could check regarding the issue is limited. Sharing file dumps won't help much if it's a server specific issue etc, which we could only confirm once we give a closer look via FTP, which is the default workflow.

I do understand your concern, maybe you could setup a staging site which is an exact copy, and then share FTP login for that? You could check with your hosting provider about setting up a staging site in the same server.

Looking forward to you response so that we could get it fixed asap.

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.