[Snapshot Pro] Snapshot is failing to run

The daily snapshot I have set up is failing to run. I need help understanding what the cause is.

• Ash

Hello Michael

Do you have debug log enabled? If so, could you please send us the debug log using http://pastebin.com ?

If not, would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now wait till it fails again. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• Michael

Hi guys,
    Debug log is attached. I spoke with Adbul yesterday and we identified that the error is coming from exhaustion of server memory.

I spoke with my hosting provider and they indicated that I am at the limit of my memory allocation, so Defender appears to be using too much of it.

Sorry to throw this back at you, but this problem only appears to be happening on this site, even though I have other, much bigger sites with the same memory allocation where the file scan runs smoothly. Accordingly, something is not right on this particular site.

Could you take a look into it?

• Nithin

Hi Michael,

I'm afraid, I don't see any debug.logs attached in here. Defender in general would require a bit more of memory to run a whole scan of the site when it checks for vulnerabilities, and having adequate resources would help with making sure the plugin runs smoothly. Most of the memory it should be using would be during File Scanning, however it shouldn't be taking much resources in other tasks.

We'll need to give a closer look at what could be causing in Snapshot, and whether there is any workaround that could be done within WordPress side.

Could you please send us your credentials, so that we could give a closer look. You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

- To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Please do follow up in the ticket once you have sent the above credentials. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.