[Snapshot Pro] Snapshot Issue

After the latest update of Snapshot Pro, the styling of the content (text, images, etc.) is off. The text is overlapping, flowing over images, etc. I have a screenshot I can send you if you want. I deactivated, uninstalled then reinstalled and reactivated it. That did not correct the issue.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Ryan

This is a bit of an odd issue. In order to ensure that everything got updated correctly, would you please perform the following steps.

- Go to https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/ scroll down to the download link and manually download the latest version
    - Go into WP Admin -> Plugins on your site and deactivate Snapshot Pro
    - Login via FTP to your site, navigate to wp-content/plugins/ and delete the snapshot folder (don't delete through WP Admin!)
    - Go to WP Admin -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and upload and activate the latest version you downloaded earlier
    - Check the page again, but be sure to do a hard refresh (CTRL+F5) in your browser to clear any stored CSS cache.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Ryan

Have you attempted a plugin conflict test to determine if there is a conflict with another plugin?

Also, in order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site?

You can learn how to grant WPMU DEV Support Access at the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please reply back here once you've enabled access so I will be notified.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Ryan

I'm afraid that WP Admin access alone is not giving me enough details to determine what exactly is causing this issue for you.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server so I can perform some advanced debugging?

NOTE: Please make a full backup of your site before sending the following information.

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Option: I have a different Question

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

~OR~

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Ryan

This sort of widespread symptom indicates there's definitely a conflict happening. Since your site is live, I don't want to affect your visitor's experience by disabling plugins and themes. In order to track down the source of this issue, would you please perform a full plugin/theme conflict test during off-peak times or on a staging site?

Whenever you perform a plugin conflict test, it's always better to do so on a staging site. You can learn how to create a staging site here.

The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test:
    * Login to your site via FTP
    * Navigate to wp-content
    * Rename the plugins folder to _plugins
    * Create a new plugins folder
    * Move the plugin folder (ex: wp-smush-pro) you want to test from _plugins to plugins
    * Then, one at a time, move other plugin folders over from _plugins to plugins until the symptom returns

NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin -> Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.

You can test for a theme conflict by simply switching to one of the bundled default themes like Twenty Seventeen.

I'm looking forward to the results of your test.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.