[Snapshot Pro] Snapshot plugin on Multisite sub-sites

Hello, i am doing some testing on multisite with Snapshot backups.
I was able to backup the whole site network, but not single sites.
Backups were made using the super-admin account.
Besides full network backups, how can i define backups for a single sub-site?
When i log to a sub-site, either with super-admin or normal admin accounts i see no option to create a backup.
This is a test setup, were planning to deploy your services in a much larger multisite install soon.
Thanks for your help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello dvitorino

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The Snapshot Pro plugin has two backup tools built-in. One is "Managed Backups" (Snapshot -> Managed Backup) and one is "Snapshots" (Snapshot -> Snapshots).

They work in a bit different way on Multisite setups:

1. Managed Backups

This one will always backup entire network - the main site and all the sub-sites of the Multisite and will store that backup in our cloud (your The Hub)

2. Snapshots

Snapshots can only be created "per site". As a super-admin you can select which of the sites of the Multisite (may it be the main site or any of the sub-sites) should be backed up and only this one will be processed. Snapshots give you more control over what should be stored (as you can e.g. select only uploaded files, only core files, plugins, database or selected tables - or any combination of these) and while they are not stored in The Hub, you can also store them locally or push to an external location of choice.

However, if you want to use them to backup entire Multisite, you would need to create separate snapshots for the main site and each of the sub-sites.

If you have any additional questions on this, let me know please.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello dvitorino

It would be nice to use Managed Backups to programmaticaly backup single sub-sites in the future.
    It this a feature i can lay some hope on, in the coming months?

I admit I'm not aware of any plans of adding such option in a near future. Managed Backup was meant to automatically backup entire install at once and that's what it does so far. Though I cannot exclude a possibility that we may be adding an option to backup selected sub-sites only, I'm also not able to promise that at this point or give any ETA.

Is it possible to restore a single sub-site from a "Managed Backups" backup using this plugin, or do we have to do it manually? (through FTP and MYSQL import)

No, there's no such option as well. Backup archive contains WP files and .sql files for all the tables of the database so it should be possible with a bit of work but would have to be done manually (e..g via FTP and phpMyAdmin or similar tools).

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.