[Snapshot Pro] Snapshot Pro

Our backups are failing please help. Access enabled .

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Joel

Hope you're well!

I've tried to access your site via Support Access, but it doesn't work for some reasons, could you please revoke the access and grant it again?

I've noticed that you're using a bit outdated version of the Snapshot Pro, could you try to update it to the latest version and see if it helps?

If no, in order to diagnose your issue, I'd request you to perform the following test:
    Enable wp debug WP_DEBUG, to enable it change the following line in your wp-config.php file (you can do this via FTP or cPanel):
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please make sure to add the above code just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

After this, try to run another backup, wait until the issue occurs again. Then go to /wp-content folder and check if the debug.log file is there. If it's there. download it, save as debug.txt and attach to your next reply.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Joel

Hope you're having a great day!

Unfortunately, support access still doesn't work for me. I'd like to have a closer look at your installation and further investigate the issue, in order to this, I need access to your WordPress Dashboard and to your server (via FTP or cPanel). Could you please send us your details through our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Katya Tsihotska"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login URL
    -FTP credentials (host/port/username/password)
    or
    - cPanel (login URL/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant URLs

Please use this subject line to ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

DO NOT post any credentials here, as it's a public forum.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi Joel

I've performed more test on your site and found out that the issue related to your plugins folder. When I'm excluding this folder from the backup, it works fine. The issue also happens when I'm creating a backup of the plugins folder only.

I've tried increasing PHP limits, but this didn't help. I also wasn't able to find any large files in your plugins folder or another possible cause of the issue.

I'm going to need to ping our SLS team (code experts ) and get their valuable feedback on this. Since this is a bit more of an advanced query, it may take a little bit longer to get a reply back about this, but one of us will post back with feedback as soon as possible.

In meantime, you can create backups without plugins folder, you can exclude it when creating a new backup

While the issue isn't solved you can backup plugin folder manually by creating a zip archive of it in your cPanel.

Kind regards,
    Katya

• James Morris

Hello Joel

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here...

There are some hosting providers that have very strict limits on Disk I/O and in those situations, Snapshot may fail due to the activity of trying to put everything in 1 large Snapshot. However, as my colleague Katya Tsihotska was pointing out, it's possible to break the Snapshot into multiple parts.

For example, using the settings pointed out in the screenshots above, you can 2 Snapshots to run about 2hrs apart.

Screenshot examples:
    1st Snapshot: "Daily Backup NO Plugins"

2nd Snapshot: "Daily Backup ONLY Plugins"

Split Daily Snapshot:

I hope this clarifies a bit. Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Panos

Hi Joel ,

There is a big number of plugins so the server runs out of resources trying to handle those files. We tried excluding several plugins (combined) and what seems to be working is to exclude:
    plugins/awesome-support
    and
    plugins/jetpack

So I would suggest to create a snapshot only for plugins excluding those two mentioned above and a second snapshot with the rest of the files and db tables.

Kind regards!