[Snapshot Pro] Snapshot Pro Interfering with Page Loading

Snapshot Pro is interfering with content loading on the Contact page. If plugin is active the Contact page doesn't load completely. Once Snapshot Pro is deactivated it displays fine. For the time being I've disabled the Snapshot Pro plugin until we can resolve this issue.

I've enabled support access, please take a look around and help me identify where the conflict is happening.

• AtmoVantage
    • Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All

These are the screenshots of how it's supposed to look and what it looks like when Snapshot Pro is activated. Note the WordPress admin menu is also missing on the Contacts page. This only is affecting the Contacts page for some reason.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi AtmoVantage

I hope you’re well today an thank you for your question!

I checked the site and I can see that there are two errors showing up in browser console when the issue happens. They seem to be relevant to the case.

One is about 500 Internal Server error, which is often result of available resources limits and the other one is about a “missing” function in JS.

This suggests a conflict but I also noticed that you’re currently using two caching tools at once on site, which might affect any testing unfortunately. Therefore, I’d suggest starting with this:

1. Temporarily disable all the caches on site (both Hummingbird’s Page Cache and Breeze)

2. Increase WordPress memory limit;

Your PHP instance allows up to 512M of memory to be used for PHP scripts while current WP install is further limiting it to only 40M which is usually way to small amount for site with some complex plugins.

Adding following line to the “wp-config.php” file, right above the “/* That’s all, stop editing */ line, should help:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT", '256M' );

Once it’s added, please test if that fixes the contact page issue. If not:

3. Run a full conflict test on site:

– switch the site to Twenty Seventeen theme

– disable all the plugins except for the Snapshot Pro

– see if the contact page loads and if so…

– .. start enabling plugins back one by one until it breaks again

The last enabled plugin (or the theme, if all the plugins could be successfully enabled) would be our most likely additional culprit here and knowing about it we could further troubleshoot the issue.

Would you please run such test?

Let me know about results, please.

Kind regards,

Adam

• AtmoVantage

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply. I had previously excluded the Contacts page from being cached by Breeze and Hummingbird, but for the sake of testing I’ve disabled both. I also additionally disabled Varnish at the server level.

I increased the WP_MEMORY to the recommended 265MB.

An interesting point I noticed is that the improper page loading only happens after Snapshot runs a managed backup. If the page is broken after a backup and I disable Snapshot Pro and then re-enable Snapshot Pro the page looks fine until the next managed backup, then it breaks again. This behavior lends credence to your theory about the memory limit.

I’ll continue monitoring given these recent changes and will update accordingly.

Best Regards,

Austin

• AtmoVantage

It happened again so I turned WP_Debug on for a second and the Contact page (and any time I try to edit a post or page in the Dashboard) spits out this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 3 passed to GuzzleHttpClient::request() must be of the type array, string given, called in /home/100937.cloudwaysapps.com/khtjubuqva/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Model/Destination/aws/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php on line 89 and defined in /home/100937.cloudwaysapps.com/khtjubuqva/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Model/Destination/aws/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php:128 Stack trace: #0 /home/100937.cloudwaysapps.com/khtjubuqva/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Model/Destination/aws/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php(89): GuzzleHttpClient->request('createRequest', 'GET', 'https://api.con...') #1 /home/100937.cloudwaysapps.com/khtjubuqva/public_html/wp-content/plugins/constant-contact-forms/vendor/constantcontact/constantcontact/constantcontact/src/Ctct/Services/BaseService.php(69): GuzzleHttpClient->__call('createRequest', Array) #2 /home/100937.cloudwaysapps.com/khtjubuqva/public_html/wp-conte in /home/100937.cloudwaysapps.com/khtjubuqva/public_html/wp-content/plugins/snapshot/lib/Snapshot/Model/Destination/aws/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php on line 128

It seems the Constant Contact plugin is conflicting with Snapshot Pro. If I disable either Constant Contact or Snapshot Pro suddenly everything starts working again. I’m going to try integrating Constant Contact using the CF7 plugin instead of the official Constant Contact plugin.

Addendum: Integration to Constant Contact through CF7 was successful so I’m just going to delete the Constant Contact plugin that was causing the issue. Please feel free to pass the above error along to developers in case they want to fix the conflict or find a way to gracefully handle the error.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi AtmoVantage

Thank you for getting back to me and for this great troubleshooting.

There’s actually a known issue related to the S3 libraries in Snapshot but I just wasn’t aware that Constant Contact is using them (as I’m not much familiar with this plugin) so I’m sorry I didn’t catch it right away. But that’s right, that’s what’s conflicting resulting in the contact page breaking.

I just spoke with one of our developers involved in Snapshot Pro development and he confirmed that they are working on the issue. We can’t “give up” on these libraries as they are essential for some of the Snapshot features but they are working on “isolating” them fully (the instance included with our plugin) from all possible other instances used by other plugins so that should solve such conflicts in future. I’m not able to give you an ETA on the fix but it should be included in one of the upcoming releases once they fully complete and test it.

Best regards,

Adam

• AtmoVantage

Hi Adam,

No worries, glad to hear a fix for the S3 libraries conflict is already in the works. In this case I was able to find a work-around, so we can close this ticket out at your convenience. Thanks again for your help!

Best Regards,

Austin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.