[Snapshot Pro] Snapshot Pro not restoring users

I backup a main site from comp.utm.my (multisite) including user and usermeta tables and restore to this site, engineering.utm.my/comp, however, no user was carried over even though i choose to restore user tables. is this a bug or its limitation?

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hello @Mohd+Sharul Hafiz,

    I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

    I'm not aware of any confirmed bug of that kind and it's certainly not a limitation put there on purpose. I think it's either something specific to your site (either the source or a target one) - for example some conflict that's "breaking" a backup or restoration process - or a bug that wasn't discovered yet.

    One way or another, I would need to investigate it to find out why this is happening and what can we do to fix it. I would like to take a closer look at your sites in order to check and test it so would you mind enabling support access to both of them (I assume that the "source" is a Multisite and the "target" is a separate single install)?

    To do so, please use our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin - click on "Grant Support Access" button on its "Support" page in your sites' back-ends.

    Let me know when it's done, please, and I'll check the issue.

    Kind regards,
    Adam

  • Adam Czajczyk

    Hello @Mohd+Sharul Hafiz

    Thank you for additional information and enabling support access.

    I have checked both your sites and it seems that the backup file is fine and the basic configuration of the sites as well. Then I have downloaded your snapshot archive and restored it to my local test install and all the users were imported.

    However, when I tried to restore it again on your site, I got the same result as you did - it seems users were not imported.

    While there's no errors, there is one issue on the "target" site that might be causing problems. The restoration process doesn't seem to go fast and the max execution time for PHP scripts is currently set to 30 seconds so that might result in unexpected issues.

    That said, could you please take a look into your cPanel (or other server management panel that you're using) and see if you got any option to alter PHP settings for that domain there? If yes, try to set "max_execution_time" option to 180 seconds or even - if possible - 300.

    If you don't have such option there, try creating a file named "php.ini" right in the root folder of your WP install (the "target" one) with following line inside:

    max_execution_time = 300

    Once it's there, go to "Network Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support" page, click on "System info" button and verify if the change took effect in "PHP" tab. If yes, try restoring users again.

    If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll include our developers in the case.

    Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.