[Snapshot Pro] Snapshot Timing Out at 87%

When I run snapshot pro it progresses fairly quickly but then gets stuck at 87% until it errors with a very minimalistic image of a blank page and says "Sorry! That Page Doesn't Seem to Exist" - the 404 page?

On GoDaddy account and client got a "low resources: error but the website is super small so I'm perplexed

• Sanowar Prince
    • Staff

Hi Daniel,

Hope you're doing good today.

Normally timeout error occurs when server resources are low. Could you please create a php.ini file in the root directory where the .htaccess, wp-config.php file resides and add the following rules:

upload_max_filesize = 128M
    post_max_size = 256M
    memory_limit = 521M
    file_uploads = On
    max_execution_time = 180

You can find more details here.

While running a backup, could you please check the I/O usage in cPanel? Reaching 100% of I/O usage could break the backup process. In that case, you could split your site's backup into 2 separate snapshots. One for plugins and one for everything else. This would lower the usage of server's resources.

Once done, please check whether you still get the same issue. If you still notice the same, please enable debug mode to see whether it gives any clue about what's causing the issue.

To enable debug mode, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory and look for define('WP_DEBUG', false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on your server please add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );
    define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

After making the above changes, please try to create a new snapshot. If it fails, the related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. Please rename that file to .txt and attach it in your next reply, so that we could give a closer look.

Best regards,
    Sanowar

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.