Snapshot pro stuck

Snapshot pro stuck at 0%. Any idea why my backups wont run? Help!?

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Richard ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I checked that you some backups plugins installed in your site (Duplicator, Updraft). As they produce big folders, usually we need to exclude these folders from the Snapshot archives (Snapshot -> Settings, "Global File Exclusions" section).

I tried to exclude them and tweak some Snapshot settings, but the backups are still not working. Also I noticed that you have a very low value for the PHP "memory_limit" variable (256MB), I tried to increase this via wp-config.php and php.ini, but seems that your host is not allowing.

Can you please contact your host provider and ask to increase this? A value like "1024M" should be enough so we can continue our tests.

Cheers, Luís

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Richard

I've been looking into this issue as well and I've further fine-tuned your wp-config.php settings and added more exclusions. But unfortunately Snapshots still are not completing successfully on your site.

I've flagged this issue for our SLS Team (code experts) so that they can dig into this further for you. An update will be posted here as soon as more information is available. Thank you for your patience while we sort through this.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Richard

We've just released an update to Snapshot that resolves some issues with timeouts and large folders. Would you please update to the latest version and give that a try. Please let us know if this resolves your issue for you. If it does not, please let us know and we'll be happy to dig into this issue further for you!

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Richard

I've notified our SLS team of your update. They will be looking into this issue as soon as they possibly can. Please keep in mind they also have a queue that has to be processed in order. They are aware that this is an urgent issue and will work on this as soon as technically possible. Thank you for your patience while we sort through this issue.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Richard,

We are sorry for the delay - I can see James already send message to SLS developer to check that ASAP and provide feedback.
    I myself also checked those backups issue and found that when it crashes there is 404 error on admin-ajax.php file in browser console.
    I have seen before this error and it was related to limits on hosting on I/O usage. Can you check with your hosting provider if they can see any big spikes of I/O usage on your account? If your cPanel shows you I/O usage, you can observe what happens when you run Snapshot.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Leonidas
    • Developer

Hello Richard

On top of what Kasia asked about I/O usage, while our dev team were looking into this, we noticed an older Snapshot that is set to run weekly and that we want to remove, in order to try again and see what's really going on there. Do we have permission to remove it?

Best regards,
    Leonidas

• Richard
    • New Recruit

Hi Team,

Why i want to remove the Snapshot, that i was configured for weekly backup process. which is that i want run and upload the backup to Google drive. if i removed that how can i test it.

[image pos="0"]

Please see the Screenshot for your reference. Currently there is one Snapshot configured.

Thanks in advance.

• Leonidas
    • Developer

Hi Richard ,

apologies for not being clear enough. I meant that we want to remove it and recreate it from the start, in order to get more insight on what the issue may be. After the dev team actions, you should have a Snapshot configured for weekly backup and upload to Google Drive.

Best regards,
    Leonidas

• Leonidas
    • Developer

Hi Richard ,

Hope you're doing well today!

We've been investigating your issues with Snapshot and due to lack of resources on your site's end, the backups couldn't complete. We have managed a workaround though, by splitting up the backup process in parts and creating 6 separate Snapshots for the entirety of the site.

As you can see in the Snapshots screen, there are 6 Snapshots configured to run separately and be uploaded to Google Drive: one for themes, one for DB, three for plugins etc, so after these Snapshots are ran every week, you'll have a complete backup of the site in 6 parts at your Google Drive.

Lastly, you can check the Global File Exclusions in Snapshot->Settings to check the exclusions of some big folders (like other backups, etc.) we've made in order to make the backups work, to see if you need anything from there, as these folders won't be making it to the final backups.

Best regards,
    Leonidas

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.