Snapshot pro taking up all ram on server?

Hi,

My website was down and I was notified by the host that the issue is Snapshot Pro taking up all the ram on the server. So I finally managed to get into the wp-admin backend for 5 minutes to disable it. But now it's disabled the website is still running slow or not loading at all

Is there a chance the processes are still going or something? How can I stop them?

Any help is appreciated, thank you

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Luke,

Sorry to hear you're having issue with Snapshot, I had a look at your site and it loads quite quickly for me, on first try it took around 2-3 seconds and on reload it was almost instant so it looks like there's nothing slowing it down anymore.

If the plugin is disabled its code can't be running anymore and there's nothing specific needed to remove this plugin.

As for plugin taking a lot of memory on your installation can you try going to Snapshot > Settings and changing compression method to see if that will make any difference?

We are also looking into reworking the way that plugin works and breaking the process in smaller parts in order to reduce server load.

Best regards,
    Predrag