Snapshot Pro unable to restore database, remains stuck at WP Post Meta Data

Hello,

I'm currently migrating between VPS hosts for my Wordpress sites. I have a number of sites that I've transferred with Snapshot Pro flawlessly, but my largest website is giving me a major headache.

Exporting the database via Snapshot Pro works just fine - importing/restoring however, not so much. The process always remains stuck at the "postmeta" entry. I have a large number of tables here (300360), and it always gets stuck at 100% and 300000 tables. The 600 other tables are forgotten. Snapshot then freezes and is unable to migrate the website.

I've tried reducing the number of tables to below 300000 by removing a few posts, but that didn't help either. The restore function only goes up to a certain point (such as 299000 when I had 299447 tables) and fails to restore the rest of the tables which results in total failure. I get a standard error message a couple of minutes after.

If I exclude the post metadata, the transfer works fine. But, it's really necessary to transfer the post metadata as well.

• Jonathan

Hello,

Thank you very much for the response. Yes, it's the one with open access that I'm trying to restore on.

I've tried to adjust the max_execution_time to 180 or higher, but it seems like I can't. I tried the php.ini, .htaccess and wp-config method, but none of them work. The execution time remains on 30.

EDIT: I successfully adjusted the max_execution_time from 30 to 180. However, the problem still occurs. Remains stuck at wp_3_postmeta > 100% (rows 300000/300630).

• Nithin

Hey Jonathan,

I tried to access your website through support access, but unfortunately I'm getting the following error:

However, could you please enable debug mode, so that we could have a better idea regarding whether there is any related errors during restore. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file located in your root directory, and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

After making the above changes, please try to restore the website, the related errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

Please attach these in your next reply in txt format file, and please do revoke, and re-enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can find more details about debugging here.

Please let us know how that goes, have a nice day.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin