Snapshot Pro upgrades

Hi
We are finding Snapshot pro to have some shortfalls.
1. Responcetime needs to be minimum 150. But we (and i pressume 90% of your clients) are on shared servers where we have no say in this and normally stuck on 50. This means that 50% of backups fail.
2. Setting up Google drive requires a degree in engeneering (sorry for the pun). Compared to UpdraftPlus which connects seamlessly to google drive in a matter of 4 clicks. (no need to manually find, activate and add API keys, IDs, Secret answers etc etc.

We LOVE WPMU and want to use as many plugins and services from you guys as possible - but snapshot has these shortfalls. Would you consider taking a look at the above 2 issues in a future update?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Thomas Sorensen,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Response time(ie max_execution_time) in general depends upon how big a site is, the number of plugins running etc, and is subjective based on that. The plugin should work fine with shared servers, however there will be cases where the Snapshot plugin would require more resources, so a minimum 150 is recommend.

However, I do get you, and I agree these are some valid points. I have passed your observations to our team, and have brought into our developers attention, we'll be analysing further on these points, and would be looking into what could done in order to improve these factors down the plugins roadmap.

Really appreciate your feedback regarding this, sending some points on your way. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.