SnapShot Pro v3.1 Backing up Individual Sites in Multi-Site

Good day -

I have been using Snapshot pro to back up individual sites for some time. Recently I upgraded the plugin to the latest version (v3.1) and it has completely changed. The unfortunate part is the online usage information on the plugin site is NOTHING like what is currently in the plugin. :slight_frown:

In the old version I could click on Add new - select the blog that I wanted to back up and pretty much hit submit. With the new version it seems to want to back up my entire multisite system in one swoop and I have not been able to locate any place in the settings or elsewhere to define specific sites to backup.

about my system - this is RHEL 6+ running apache v2.4 with PHP 7.1+. I have v4.8 of WordPress with all plugins/themes up to date. This is a multi-Network (running the multi-network plugin) Multi-Site installation.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about being able to backup individual blogs.

Thanks

• Nazmul H. Rupok
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi David

Hope you are doing great. Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. Yes that's a known issue on the latest version but our developer is working for a fix. Hopefully it will be rolled out very soon. For now, I'd suggest to roll back to earlier version if you need this feature. Make sure to create a full backup of your site before rolling back.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Nazmul

• Nazmul H. Rupok
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi David

Thanks for updating. Maybe I didn't explain this well. This is actually a glitch on the latest update and our developer is working to fix this and will rolled out very soon. For now, I'd suggest to roll back to earlier version if you need this feature.

Hope this makes sense. Cheers!
    Nazmul

• David
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I saw the recent update come out that corrects the ability to backup individual sites in a multi-site environment. Thanks for the update. I tested and it does allow me to snapshot (backup and restore) individual sites.

I did find one problem in the new version that occurs when backing up or restoring. When selecting Blog to backup: it says you can enter the path, blog ID or leave blank for primary site. I have found that it only works if you enter the blog id (or leave it blank).

If you enter a path and click on "Lookup" it tells you "Error on blog lookup. Try again". I've tried it on a fair number of sites and gotten the path right out of the dB, and none of them worked. But if I enter the blog ID associated with the same path, it works fine. Is there a trick to the path?

If not, you may want to investigate that part of the code.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi David,

Thanks for you feedback on the update, I tested this on my end with both subdomain and subdirectory installations but I was unable to replicate this issue.

Can you tell me which value exactly you were entering, did you used full URL or just the subsite name?

If your subsite URL is mydomain.com/mysubsite or mysubsite.mydomain.com then all you need to enter is the mysubsite part and that should work.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• David

We use Subdirectories here for our multisite, so typed in the mysubsite/ part of your example.

i.e. when you click on the "Change" button; your screen has https://mydomain.com/ already typed in. So I am typing in the mysubsite/ part to complete the full URL.

I even went into another browser and typed in the full URL to make sure the site does come up (and they did).

I tried both with and without the trailing "/" and it didn't change anything.

Do I need to type the entire URL?

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there David,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I just tested that with latest Snapshot version (3.1.2) and in "Blog to backup" settings I can either use:
    - subsite
    - subsite/
    for my path-based multisite installation and my /subsite/.

Could you please grant us with support access to the website in question to see that in action?
    You can do so via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, no need to share credentials, here's how:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4
    Just let us know here in your next reply that access is granted, as we don't get any notifications about it.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• David

Dimitris,

I apologize for the late response. Just getting back from a long Independence day weekend.

I've granted support to our root network / sites so you all can check it out. You should be able to get to https://wp.odu.edu

The root network has a number of template sites that you can test using snapshot with.

Some examples are:
    /odufacultytemplate/
    /studenttemplate/
    /music-graduate-template/
    /spring2017-univ150-template/

If you need any other info please let me know.

Dave

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there David,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

I've tried once again in a path-based multisite installed in a subdomain, again with no avail! :disappointed:
    I even tried to restore your own snapshot in my environment.

Could you please try to perform a basic conflict test as described here
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-2
    and illustrated in a nice flow chart image here?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.