[Snapshot Pro] What is the best chance to restore sub-site only from whole network backup (snapsho

Hi there,
I had a complete network backup before i make a major changes (Primary Domain Name). However, after completion one of my sub-site have missing theme setting (header, menu..... everything related to customization via theme) is reset to default (or original state).

Any chance i can restore that specified particular sub-site rather than whole network?

EDIT: FEATURE SUGGESTION

backup individual sub-site will be one of the critical selling point to my subscribers especially they have the confident that at least anything goes wrong to their daily updates, there still have 24 hours before backup to restore, which standing on network owner it will be convenience if Snapshot Pro can provide the automation feature where which level of Pro-Sites can have the auto backup (individual site) feature; the way we can charge to the subscrider for extra service and most importantly: we don't mind to extend the Snapshot storage in returns! It's a win-win situation for all of us

• Ash

Hello iamJayChong

Is that previous network still live? If so, then you can take another backup of that subsite using regular snapshot and restore that in the new network.

But if you use managed backup, then I am afraid, you can't restore just a subsite backup from an already taken backup. So, in that case you have to restore the entire network.

Hope it helps! Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ash

• iamJayChong

Dear Ash,

Thank you so much for your prompt response.

Can you advice whether it's possible to achieve where all subsites under my network will have their own backup, where it's enable by default, using Snapshot Pro?

Cause just realized that all sub sites shall under my network shall have default backup, individually and seperately so that they can restore if anything goes wrong with their own site. Rather than I need to restore whole network that all effects all sub sites together.

• Ash

Hello iamJayChong

In that case, you have to use regular snapshot in the snapshot plugin. Managed backup always takes the entire backup. But if you use regular snapshot, you can take backup of each subsite individually and later you can even restore them as well.

From this screen, you can configure to take backup for any subsite:

Unfortunately, this is not an automatic option, you have to configure for each site manually.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• iamJayChong

Dear Ash ,

Thank you so much for your explanation. Now i managed to backup individual sub-site.

Anyway, from my humble personal view: backup individual sub-site will be one of the critical selling point to my subscribers especially they have the confident that at least anything goes wrong to their daily updates, there still have 24 hours before backup to restore, which standing on network owner it will be convenience if Snapshot Pro can provide the automation feature where which level of Pro-Sites can have the auto backup (individual site) feature; the way we can charge to the subscrider for extra service and most importantly: we don't mind to extend the Snapshot storage in returns! It's a win-win situation for all of us :slight_smile:

Just my 2 cents and what i proposed is improvement. Snapshot Pro itself is great enough so far!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.