Snapshot Pro Will Not Complete Backup

Hello,

I just installed Snapshot Pro on a website and tried to run the first backup. I've tried several tries, but I cannot complete a website backup. The process hangs close to the end of the procedure during the "Files" backup. It gets to the "Plugins" portion and just sits there (see attachment).

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks,
Shayne

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello Shayne

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I took a look at your site and found so many JavaScript error logged in my browser's console. Please take a look at this screenshot. :slight_smile:

Now please conduct plugin conflict test as described in our this support manual here,
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know how it goes. :slight_smile:
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Shayne
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello,
    I forgot that I had this ticket open. I am marking this as resolved. The issue is not a plugin conflict problem. I see this on quite a few of the websites that I manage. It happens when there are a lot of plugins or a great deal of files in the uploads directory (which includes all of the various generated sizes for each image). The script either times out without warning or gives an error message, depending on the server. This happens even if I increase the Max Memory Limit. I have to split the backup into two or three parts (Database, Media Files, Plugins). This is a pain, but it works.

• Shayne
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello,
    I would like to revisit this issue. I've recently moved to a new hosting company and cannot get a backup to complete, even if I split up the backup into different parts (plugins, database, media files). Here is a screenshot of the error message (https://www.dropbox.com/s/rn190vn2xuhsjv3/Screen%20Shot%202017-05-11%20at%2010.49.42%20PM.png?dl=0).

I've contacted my hosting support and this is their response:
    ---------------------------------
    the problem is the script is timing out because its hitting the maximum amount of time a PHP process can run for which is 300 seconds. To prevent abuse on the server, we cannot allow scripts to run longer than that otherwise it can cause load issues and there really should be no reason at all a script should be running even anywhere close to 300 seconds. I would suggest looking for a new backup script that is multi-threaded so it can run more process simultaneously to complete the backups faster and/or spawn new processes to kill off the prior one this way no one single PHP process will continue to run until it hits the max run time.
    ---------------------------------

Can you please help with this?
    Thanks,
    Shayne

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.