Snapshot Pro won't run

Snapshot Pro will not execute either manually or through managed backups.
I have disabled all plugins, deleted and reinstalled Snapshot Pro and it still will not execute - doesn't run at all - get following error message: "AAA An unknown response returned from Snapshot backup attempt. Aborting. Double check Snapshot settings."
Website just "runs" - have to go into cpanel - delete Snapshot Pro
Have also switched themes to WP 2017 as well WP 2015 - with all plugins deactivated. Still won't run.
Have cleared cache - have flushed DNS.
Still not working

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jean,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Website just "runs" - have to go into cpanel - delete Snapshot Pro

Did you do this because after running Snapshot site went down and you had to remove the plugin to regain access to it/put it back on line or was it an attempt to re-install Snapshot? I'd just like to make sure that I understand that right so let me know please.

I would also like to check your site closer so could you please grant me a support access to it? To do this, follow this guide and let me know when it's enabled:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jean McLain

Hi Adam,
    I had responded through support hub on AGS website and gave you access. This was my comment:
    Website just kept spinning and I was unable to go anywhere, although this time I left it alone for an hour and the error appeared and I was able to navigate the website, but no snapshot backup.
    After I deleted and re-installed snapshot, it did show previous attempts, but with no data.
    I have since reactivated all plugins and the Templatic theme which is what I would like to use.
    I will let you know Templatic theme is a nightmare in general - that's a different story, however wouldn't be surprised if Templatic isn't the source - can't tell you how many websites I've killed and done a new reinstall of WP, plugins with Templatic. Wish I could find another directory solution.
    Let me know how it goes. Website is live, but not active so feel free to do whatever you want.
    Tx for your help

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jean!

Thank you for granting access and letting me test the site.

I checked it and with "Managed Backups" (I have temporarily disabled them as they don't work at the moment) site doesn't go unresponsive but backups doesn't work and plugin returns "empty response" error.

With "Snapshot -> Snapshots" admin-area became unresponsive though and I wasn't able to proceed. The front-end however was loading fine all the time. I admit that I have never seen such a behavior of Snapshot before. I would like to investigate it closer so would you mind letting me access the site directly?

I would need full access credentials for that so please send in:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Adam Czajczyk
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - login URL and admin account login credentials (may be a temporary admin account) data
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include hosting control panel access details (login address, username & password) - cPanel's usually the control panel used for this, but your provider may use something else; I'll need this for accessing your site's database, preferably via phpMyAdmin
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

Please use our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

I'll be notified of your message.

Before you provide me with credentials though please check in your server's cPanel if there's an option to switch PHP version. If there is, it would be great if you could switch to a never release - 7.0 or 7.0.1 would be perfect but any version higher than the current one would also be welcomed :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam