Snapshot Pro Won't Run Automatically

Hi!

I have Snapshot Pro set to run daily, but it does not run automatically. Another forum post indicated that it might be the time of day that makes a difference, so I changed the snapshot time to a time of day when I know there was site traffic. Still nothing is happening.

Note that running it manually works fine, though the manual snapshot won't upload to Dropbox. I was previously running Updraft Plus and it could backup/upload to dropbox without an issue, so it would not appear to be the hosting (siteground) that is the issue.

Could you please advise how to troubleshoot this further?

• Milan

Hello Courtney,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Basically you are facing two issues.

I have Snapshot Pro set to run daily, but it does not run automatically. Another forum post indicated that it might be the time of day that makes a difference, so I changed the snapshot time to a time of day when I know there was site traffic. Still nothing is happening.

Can you please install this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-cron-control/ on your end ? This plugin will give us insights about cron jobs. Furthermore do you have wordpress cron disabled and using server cron instead ? Also have you conducted plugin conflict test too ? Sometimes other plugin may interfere with Snapshot Pro, so its better to take down plugin conflict test whenever you face any issue with Snapshot Pro. So if you are not sure how to do that, please refer this nice manual and conduct it, then share its results with us.

Note that running it manually works fine, though the manual snapshot won't upload to Dropbox.

I just tested this process on my sandbox site and it seems working without any issue. But after viewing your snapshot's log file, I got to know that process of sending file to dropbox is being interrupted by something. In your case plugin is sending file to your dropbox destination in chunks and it only completes 25%-30%. Can you delete your dropbox account one more time and re-add it please ? Also if this don't help you then, would you please allow me to user my dropbox credentials to test this better ?

Looking forward to hearing back.
    Cheers,
    Milan