[Snapshot Pro] WPMU DEV Hosted Backup Pricing

Hi,

I was just hoping to get some more info on the WPMU DEV Hosted Backup pricing.

On this page you advertise “Lowest Prices Guaranteed”. Just wandering what you mean by this, because obviously compared to the other backup options like S3, Dropbox or Google Drive, your prices aren’t the lowest.

Thanks,

Benji

• viobru
    • Recruit

Hi, Benji!

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

As you can see in that page, we mention that we offer the lowest prices in WordPress guaranteed. Which means that we are not comparing our service with external storage services like Dropbox or Google Drive, but to the other hosted backup plugins available in the WordPress ecosystem. I checked it and I couldn't find any other WordPress plugin that is offering a lower price for hosted backup that can be used on unlimited sites than the one that we offer, but I could be skipping it.

Could you please share an example of a WordPress backup plugin that is offering cloud storage for unlimited sites at lower prices so we can re-check this, please?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Violeta

• Benji
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi viobru,

Thanks for your response.

So what I currently use, is ManageWP, and I would love to move it to WPMU DEV, but right now you are so much more expensive.

They have a per site billing (or bundle of 100 sites) and charge $2 per site per month (or $75 for 100 sites), which is for daily backups, unlimited backup size, unlimited on-demand backups, and a 90 day backup history. They also offer monthly backups for free, weekly for $1.60, every 12 hrs for $2.20, every 6 hrs $2.40 and every hour for $4.80.

So a single 2GB site costs me $2 to backup daily with ManageWP, but with you it costs me $25 (for the 250GB plan), due to the 90 day history, which is 180GB.

I would love to move this to you guys, especially with the Hub 2.0 which should allow me to stop using ManageWP and just use the Hub, but especially on a larger scale, backups with you cost much more.

I also strongly feel you should adopt a per site frequency based pricing system, as right now you charge $0.10/GB which is very expensive compared to S3, and as Snapshot supports both there is no way to justify the extra cost. With per site frequency based pricing, it would be a justifiable cost and separate you from competitors.

Thanks,

Benji

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.