Snapshot Question regarding migration.

Hi there.

I’m currently wanting to migrate servers. If I use snapshot, will that give me EVERYTHING required for the site to run perfectly on a new server?

Regards

Dean

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Dean,

Hope you’re doing well today and thanks for your question!

It won’t include the entire WordPress installation itself. You will need to install WordPress on the new server then install snapshot plugin and then upload your snapshot to restore it :slight_smile:

It will include all your plugins/settings/posts/pages/users etc. Everything except the actual base WordPress install.

Keep in mind that Snapshot’s migration feature is still somewhat in beta. It’s fairly new. With that said, I see very few issues occurring from it :slight_smile: good idea to keep another backup of your site just in-case.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need any further assistance.

All the best,

Tyler

• Dean
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hey Tyler.

So essentially, I just install WordPress, switch it to a multisite installation and I’m good to go?

That would be awesome!

I’ll let you know how I go when it all happens.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Dean

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Dean,

Hope you’re doing well! Haven’t heard from you in a few days so assuming it went well? :slight_smile:

Are you migrating the main site of a multisite into another multisite(as the main time)? Definitely interested to hear how that went, main site backup would include the global database tables, you can choose not to include them; however, including them in the main site may work as well.

Anyways, hope all is well! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.