Snapshot Restore 503 error

Trying to restore a snapshot archive from a multisite subsite to a single WordPress install, but the restore is throwing a 503 error.

https://static.livechatinc.com/8801096/PBVSAEKY3E/47716fde9ce88b5a78cff6e176d19e5d/Screen%20Shot%202018-07-12%20at%209.25.06%20PM.png

Please advise what should be done to correct this issue.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Steven Mizer

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think the issue here is mostly related to the server. The Snapshot plugin is not a migration tool and while it can be used for this, we cannot guarantee it will do the job properly each time. However, the first requirement to be able to restore (migrate) is to create a backup and that seems to fail.

When I was checking the site I found two snapshot on a multisite. One seemed to be a snapshot of the site that has to be migrated and the other was some test snapshot. The test snapshot looked fine but is not "complete enough" to do the migration (and I'm not even sure if it's for a "migrated" sub-site or some other) and the other one doesn't seem to be complete.

Seeing that I tried to create a full snapshot of the site-to-be-migrated but that always ends up with 503 error which usually means that server resource limits were "eaten up". That's a temporary error and it goes away quite soon but it still breaks the process.

Memory limits, script execution times etc - they all seem fine. I suppose then that there are additional limits, like for example I/O (file read/write) or db queries limits on a server. That being said, I tried to overcome this but I'm afraid that might be a bit more complex and I'll need a helping hand of our developers on this.

I have forwarded the case to them for consultation and am awaiting feedback so please keep an eye on this ticket for further information and I'll update it as soon as I get to know more on how to diagnose and handle this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

PS. I have created an additional admin account for myself on the sub-site that we're trying to migrate. Please keep it there until we're done with the case, if you don't mind :slight_smile:

• Steve M
      • Never Stop Learning

Any further progress from the development team? If not, I may need to pursue other options as my client is eager to have their site up and running. Please let me know as soon as possible. I appreciate all your time and hard work.

• Steve M
    • Never Stop Learning

Sure thing! Thanks so much for the update, Adam. I'll happily keep the other admin account on the site. If there is anything I need to change on the server end, I'm happy to cooperate. I'd like to get the site migrated as soon as possible. I appreciate your support!
    Steve

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello @stevenamizer!

I'm sorry for the delayed response on my end.

I just checked with our developers and I'm afraid I don't have news for you yet. The issue is being worked on and I hope it won't take much longer but I don't know more so far. I or one of my colleagues will update you here as soon as we got further details on this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.