Snapshot restore failed

There was an error in the automatic update by Automate that causes so issue on the site. I'm trying to restore from a backup, but keep getting a 'Restoration failed' error.

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Vladimír

I hope you are doing great today. Thank you so much for your patience while we were looking into this.

I could not access your website, I get a "403 Forbidden" error message. Could you please let us know how we can access your website.

In the mean time, you could try to add the following lines to your website's wp-config.php file, it should set the permissions and force the method used for transferring files to your website. I have seen from a screen shot sent by my colleague that WordPress was somehow prompting for FTP login details.

First try this to change the permissions so that WordPress and Snapshot can be able to write files:

define( 'FS_CHMOD_DIR', ( 0755 & ~ umask() ) );
    define( 'FS_CHMOD_FILE', ( 0644 & ~ umask() ) );

Then add the following to force the file system:
    define('FS_METHOD', 'ftpext');

After the change, you should test the restore again. If it doesn't work try to replace 'direct' with one of these: "ftpsockets", "ssh2", or "ftpext", remember to test after each change.

Also try to increase the max execution time by adding the line in .htaccess file:

php_value max_execution_time 300

Or the following line in wp-config.php:

@ini_set('max_execution_time', 300);

Or this line in php.ini or .user.ini

max_execution_time = 300

300 is the maximum time in seconds that the script should execute, this can be any value of your choice but for Snapshot it is recommended that it is set above or at least 150.

Additionally, you should consider increasing the PHP memory limit which determines how much memory any PHP script can be allocated while running, a low memory limit may also result in failures. Add/adjust the following line in wp-config.php:

define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M'); //256M recommended by may set higher like 512M or 1024M

Please note that any line added in the file wp-config.php must be added above the line that looks like this:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

If still this doesn't work, then allow access to your website and we will be happy to have a look and assist in any way possible.

I hope this helps and I hope to hear back from you soon.

Have a nice day.
    Lindeni