Snapshot restore missed header graphic

I took a Snapshot from http://www.WelcomeHomeToGrace.com and restored it here at http://www.MaxGain.co and it "seems" to be OK but the header grpahic is missing. I'm also concerned it missed other items I wouldn't know of that could cause problems later. I've granted support access on both sites. Thoughts?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Corezero,

Hope you're dong well today!

This likely happened because we couldn't include the media in the snapshot right?

If you re-upload your header then you should be good to go :slight_smile:

If you have links to images that weren't included in the snapshot then those may be broken too, you will want to FTP over the images into the same folder structure as they were in the last site, that way it will find them all :slight_smile: you can also use that media from FTP plugin I mentioned too so it adds the media to your actual library as well.

Can you check your snapshot logs via:

/wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_logs and see what error it shows in there for the files that failed during the snapshot, perhaps there is another reason that it couldn't include the media files that we can look into :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon Corezero!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Core Zero,

Hope you're doing well today!

Ah, my mistake sorry about that Core.

I'd like to see that Snapshot can be trusted to properly migrate a site.

The migration logic is still in beta. We do feel that it works well though which is why we've included it in the plugin; however, in the "Restore Blog Options" section when restoring a snapshot we do indicate that the migration logic is still considered to be in beta. So you may want to refrain from using it on your production sites, but if you do use it and run into any issues definitely let us know so we can fix them up.

We are working on getting migrations to work as well as possible as we know a lot of members love being able to use Snapshot for that purpose :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back Core!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• calvinrogercanas

Hey there @Core Zero,

Hope you're well! :slight_smile:

Our snapshot plugin's core functions are backup and restore but it still depends on the site owner how they can safely protect the site. I suggest you do an automatic nightly backup ( some hosting provider do this automatically - you may want to ask your hosting provider about this ) so in event of complete loss you have a recent back-up that you can use to restore the site. Minimal loss and effortless since the backup is automated.

Take care,
    Calvin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.