Snapshot restore not working; Chat not working - very frustrating

Snapshot restore is not working for me. It quits repeatedly. I have tried now three times to initiate a Chat session. Each time I'm told I'm number 6 or 7 in the queue and when I wait for an hour or more the connection fails which forces me to begin again at the end of the queue. WPMUDEV should improve the Chat queue functionality whereby when one initiates a Chat request on then receives an ID -- perhaps automatically assigned by IP or by the user's email address -- that would recognized upon re-requesting a Chat session and thus allow a reconnection and restoration of position in queue if the connection is lost.

• Nastia

Hello Nelson Bonner

I am sorry to hear that you have this experience with Live support chat. Indeed if a connection is lost you will lose your position the queue. I will forward your suggestion to Live Chat developers.

Snapshot restore is not working for me. It quits repeatedly.

Please let us know more information. Are you using Managed Backup option or manually created Snapshot? What is the error showing up after initiation Snapshot restore?

Please try increasing PHP memory and max_execution_time value. Add the following line to your wp-config.php file just before the “happy blogging” line:
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '3000M');

If this line is already added with a different value, please replace it with the above.

To increase max_execution_time please add the following line into the .htaccess file

php_value upload_max_filesize 1000M
    php_value post_max_size 2000M
    php_value memory_limit 3000M
    php_value max_execution_time 180
    php_value max_input_time 180

If this will not work, please try other suggestions described in this post:
    How to Increase the Maximum Upload and PHP Memory Limit in WordPress

If after increasing PHP memory and max_execution time the issue will still persist, please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look.

Let me know when you do!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.